By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Conduit June sales (NPD - 2 weeks) - 71,913

@ Timmah! )

According to TheSource and Brett the american video games market outside of the US (NA without USA + SA ) reaches about 10% of the sales of the US video game market, so to expect ~30% of the US sales from Canada alone is .. definately overly optimistic.

BTW games usually don't sell constantly every day during their launch weeks - the first day is by far the biggest and sales decline from there, so to estimate 12k sales from 2 additional days of sales again is .. overly optimistic.

Around the Network
Timmah! said:
Am I crazy, or isn't NPD estimating US sales only, while VGChartz is showing sales for 'Americas' which includes the American CONTINENTS, not just the US. I'm not saying that VGChartz didn't overtrack some, but we're not comparing apples to apples here on numbers. Seriously, did nobody even think about this?

that's why for me i never worry about the sale's because In today's day and age there is more market's to sell your game in and the % to make up a profit are higher than last generation. This generation Developer's have more way's to make Money than Last generation, since all the current generation systems have online sale's options, it cannot hurt to be in more market area's. The Conduit sales would not have to be the very tip top of sales right off the bat, it's a new IP it should not be expected to gather sales in the multiple million's ..it would be great if it did no doubt. but you have to start somewhere, if there is a 2nd Conduit released for the Wii than ,that could seen as a great thing.

we will just have to wait.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Lafiel said:

@ Timmah! )

According to TheSource and Brett the american video games market outside of the US (NA without USA + SA ) reaches about 10% of sales of the US video game market, so to expect ~30% of the US sales from Canada alone is .. definately overly optimistic.

BTW games usually don't sell constantly every day during their launch weeks - the first day is by far the biggest and sales decline from that, so to estimate 12k sales from 2 additional days of sales again is .. overly optimistic.

Point taken on the first item, though I think that a general trend doesn't always hold true. Conduit could get as much as 20% depending, we'll have to wait for the VGCharts adjustments to see.

I know they don't sell constantly, but there wasn't a huge drop from week 1 to week 2, so obviously the drop wasn't as significant as many other games. Taking that into account, I could realistically expect 4k-5k per day for the extra two days, menaing an additional 8000-10000 units sold when looking at a 14 day period. I wasn't trying to be exact, but to point out that NPD and VGChartz are looking at different sets of data. Both are estimates, and the real number is probably somewhere in between.

A - Canada will never get 20% of NA numbers unless the game is Soccer.

B - 20% of 72 is still... only 14k

C - You don't know what the drop was...

D - Even if you did... when numbers are low it's hard to get a big drop.

E - No. You can't realistically think that.

F - Even if you could... it doesn't matter since 5 days is normal first week.

JEDE3 said:

When the crap did I say Canada only? VGChartz estimates for all of NA (EDIT: AND SA). The drop was far less than Madworld according to VGChartz. Conduit also has better sales in i'ts first two weeks than Call of Duty on Wii, and COD is now around 1.2m, my point is really that people are overreacting and it can't be called a flop yet.

Around the Network
Timmah! said:
JEDE3 said:

When the crap did I say Canada only? VGChartz estimates for all of NA. The drop was far less than Madworld according to VGChartz. Conduit also has better sales in i'ts first two weeks than Call of Duty on Wii, and COD is now around 1.2m, my point is really that people are overreacting and it can't be called a flop yet.

Canada is going to be your best bet here. You'd be lucky if Mexico contributes half a percent of sales. Mexico is a poorer country who price gouge on electronics with high piracy.

I think it's fair to say the first two weeks of sales in the Americas are about 85k for The Conduit. First week in Others is 18k. So it sold over 100k already, within two weeks. Sega probably shipped over 150k units for full price.

Realistically I could see The Conduit needing to sell 350k to break even. At this point I think at least the double of that amount is guaranteed within a year.

The Conduit's sales may be a bit disappointing so far, but calling it a flop is bullshit if you even know the slightest bit about videogame sales.

^ why do you think it's fair to say that?

MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
I guess my sarcasm detector must be off.

What do both posts have in common?

It's called irony. You're a smart kid, read both posts. It ain't hard to figure out.

You are giving him too much montana he cant handle it

mM
JEDE3 said:
^ why do you think it's fair to say that?

72k is US only, whereas VGChartz adds the rest of the continent (Canada, South America). NPD might also be a tad too low for The Conduit but that is speculating.