By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

what a memorable game! 

Props for Abreu and his penalty! What a lad

Around the Network

Thrilling penalty shootout. Congratulations to Uruguay and bye to the last african team.

well done suarez,

most popular man in uruguay

Above & Beyond

Unbelievable ending.  I feel sorry for Ghana.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

They failed what, 3 penalties out of 5 attempts (counting the penalty in the extra time)? That's just too much.

Although they did almost score goals at the end of the extra time... but "almosts" don't count, otherwise Portugal would have passed too.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

What a ridiculous handball, I feel very sorry to Ghana. Uruguay didn't deserve to win.

holy shit this was fucking amazing.

Abreu is well known for his penalties, he always does that. apparently no one told the keeper about it or he didn't believe the nickname Loco.

it's a shame that one of the teams had to go out now, I like both.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Very, very low quality game with one of the most dramatic endings ever.

Congratulations Uruguay on reaching the Semi-Finals.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

LAST 16

KO1                          KO2                                                KO3                          KO4                                            
                 v                  v                                         v                   v  
                   KO5                          KO6                                                KO7                          KO8
                 v                  v                                         v                    v  
                                                                      QUARTER FINALS
                   QF1                            QF2                                               QF3                           QF4
                 v                   v                                         v                    v     
                                                                           SEMI FINALS
                                   SF1                                                                                    SF2
                               v                                                                     WQF3   v  WQF4
                                                                                 TPPO
                                                                       RUSF1    v   RUSF2
                                                                                 FINAL
                                                                            ?        v        ?
holland v uruguay who would of thought that befire it started

Above & Beyond

SeriousWB said:

What a ridiculous handball, I feel very sorry to Ghana. Uruguay didn't deserve to win.

Ridiculous? More like brilliant.

Football also has a strategy, it's not just tactics...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957