By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Lord Flashheart said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

A bit too much anger from English fans here imho.

I would call it a bit of envy. Too many were convinced they'd have an easy time against Germany and all the way until the end of the WC.

On a side note, to that very special person who said there was nothing to fear from Brazil and Portugal: Told you so

Putting words in peoples mouths now. That can also be said for fans of Portugal, Argentina, Brasil etc.

Also we never played the argies or brasilians so maybe we have nothing to fear from them

Oh really?

SciFiBoy: England 2-1 Germany

England 3-2 Argentina

England 4-1 Spain

England 1-0 Brazil

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munkeh111: Well a quarter final with Argentina is a certainty, and I don't see how our defence is going to cope with those strikers. Cole and Johnsen will be penned back, and so we will lack width in the final 3rd

I agree it's probably stretching it too much to say people were expecting an easy ride for England, but come on, some members got too carried away with England going through, even though they were very weak on the group stage. 

As for Portugal, I never said we would go far. Heck, i'll be happy if we manage to win against Spain. You'll have a hard time finding some portuguese member saying that Portugal has a chance in this WC

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

come on Mexico

lestatdark said:
Lord Flashheart said:
lestatdark said:
Faxanadu said:

A bit too much anger from English fans here imho.

I would call it a bit of envy. Too many were convinced they'd have an easy time against Germany and all the way until the end of the WC.

On a side note, to that very special person who said there was nothing to fear from Brazil and Portugal: Told you so

Putting words in peoples mouths now. That can also be said for fans of Portugal, Argentina, Brasil etc.

Also we never played the argies or brasilians so maybe we have nothing to fear from them

Oh really?

SciFiBoy: England 2-1 Germany

England 3-2 Argentina

England 4-1 Spain

England 1-0 Brazil

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munkeh111: Well a quarter final with Argentina is a certainty, and I don't see how our defence is going to cope with those strikers. Cole and Johnsen will be penned back, and so we will lack width in the final 3rd

I agree it's probably stretching it too much to say people were expecting an easy ride for England, but come on, some members got too carried away with England going through, even though they were very weak on the group stage. 

As for Portugal, I never said we would go far. Heck, i'll be happy if we manage to win against Spain. You'll have a hard time finding some portuguese member saying that Portugal has a chance in this WC

again, it's called being a fan, not my fault if most people only pretend to give a fuck about their team.

I guess English isn't your first language lestatdark so maybe you meant to say TWO people not TOO many people.

I didn't realise you meant on this site. Ithought you were talking in general and thats been portugal all the way thanks to Ronaldo from many fans. Of course that could happen.

I wouldn't be able to search for anyones predictions for Portugal on here thanks to the clusterfuck that is 3.0

Well done whomever set that up. You deserve a slap to the face.

Awesome!

Will the PS3 be the first and most successful multi-million selling piracy & hack-free console of all time?

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

How @ match. Almost as bad as Germany did with Australia.

And the USA is out, just goes to show how weak the Group C was... disappointments, disappointments.

or how strong the group D is?  I mean it did went:

1.Germany 6

2.Ghana 4

3.Australia 4

4-Serbia 3 (FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!)

it was a very competitive group...

It's amazing how young of a team Germany is. Damn it, they'll dominate for years to come. Meanwhile England just keeps battling against their bad luck and confusion. When will it end?

Lord Flashheart said:

I guess English isn't your first language lestatdark so maybe you meant to say TWO people not TOO many people.

God, I just found two examples from a five minute search. Should I go search for every comment just to satisfy you? And since in my College I study with a couple of English students, I've hear worse comments than those, unfortunately there isn't a quote box for real life A bit touchy are we not? Oh, and good job attacking my english. Quality stuff in there

Edit - Sorry, just saw your edit after posting it. Damn slow internet *face slaps himself*

@SciFiBoy.

Of course it's being called a fan, but there's also something called realistic expectations  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Lord Flashheart said:
Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Barozi said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Faxanadu said:

Fantastic game. Really enjoying it.

Obviously, Germany beats England. Like always and like always the English are complaining ;)

To be honest though, the refs made a really bad decision.

Like always?

You need to look up your facts.

Also wasn't the goal in 66 a goal? So what is the dodgy no goal decision revenge for?

Good luck finding evidence for that

Well there's the footage of the goal?

There's the number of computer simulations that proved it was. Good luck finding any that says it wasn't.

1. Footage doesn't show anything

2. http://www.dpma.de/service/galerie/fussballundtechnik/en/spezielles/intelligenterball.html

read the last part

"It is my estimate that it was not quite or entirely a goal. A part of the ball was on the line. But let me add two things. This was, so far, the best 'goal' of the match,"

Sounds like a goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__MJV11nRqU

Hmm, looks like one to me.

Hope you were kidding here.

Even if the ball is 99% in the goal, it's still not a goal. Footage can't prove or disprove this.

lestatdark said:
Lord Flashheart said:

God, I just found two examples from a five minute search. Should I go search for every comment just to satisfy you? And since in my College I study with a couple of English students, I've hear worse comments than those, unfortunately there isn't a quote box for real life A bit touchy are we not? Oh, and good job attacking my english. Quality stuff in there

Edit - Sorry, just saw your edit after posting it. Damn slow internet *face slaps himself*

@SciFiBoy.

Of course it's being called a fan, but there's also something called realistic expectations  

I wasn't attacking your English. I don't do that. I think it's petty to attack someone who speaks a second language and i have said so on this site a few times before. A search will bring that up. I should have put a to show I was being sarky not insulting.

On a side note how do you search the forums now?