By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Apple asked Microsoft to stop airing Laptop Hunter Ads

Apple is a whining baby...they are proprietary and expensive, and people LOVE THEM...shit...M$ has EU and other crawling up their back, and Windows is an open OS, whereas Apple's crap is closed like Fort Knox, and that's okay, because they don't have market share...what nonsense!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

Haha good job Microsoft, keep it up.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Apple has been screwing over customers and receiving very little flak, unlike MS which is drug through the streets. Neat.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Ahahahahaha! Sounds about right. Those commercials hit the nail on the head. The question is as it always was. Why would someone who cares about money, buy an Apple product, when they could get a better product for cheaper?

Answer:

They wouldn't.

Truth.

All the Apple talking points are just solutions to the nitpicky things about PCs. None of them are deal breakers, especially when the alternative is slower, and costs a premium.

You know what company pwns Apple? Acer. Acer is the nemesis of Apple. They make very affordable and decent products for rock bottom prices, have poor customer service, and no bling whatsoever. They also happen to be feature packed. Apple makes good products, that are vastly overpriced. They have excellent customer service and some nice bling, but their bells and whistles are questionable, and you wouldn't want to game on one.

It's funny how Acer is considered a "shit" brand, despite having great deals on their notebooks and desktops, and is now the number 2 selling PC manufacturer, while Apple is considered a "Good" brand, and overcharges out the ass based strictly on their brand and not their product.

That just goes to show you how important "brand" is to marketing.

I'm slowly becoming an Acer fanboy, TBH. They have treated me a thousand times better than Apple ever would, and everything I've bought from them has been great, and the prices are rock bottom.

Then again, every tech who shops on newegg knows about how Acer has changed for the better. Only n00bs who buy their electronics from OfficeDepot still think Acer sucks.

...with those commercials out though, everyone knows Apple sucks.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This better be real cause it's too funny. Everything Microsoft does is put under a microscope and every bad venture is mocked, even by Apple, and Apple bitches cause MS told the truth about their cost?

Around the Network

^Acer computers are also looking better. They used to be but ugly boxes with no design considerations and now they are shiny and sleek and still cheap.

voty2000 said:
^Acer computers are also looking better. They used to be but ugly boxes with no design considerations and now they are shiny and sleek and still cheap.

I hated them a few years ago...but now their laptops, desktops, and monitors....well you just can't compete with them for their price. That's why they are climbing the pile of PC brands. You basically pay more for individual components than you pay for Acer to build it for you.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

My families first Computer was an Apple way back in the late 80's..

And I only know 1 person that owns an Apple Computer (Broken)

So... don't think it's the commercials.. but Apples focus is on iPod/iPhones anyway..

If other companies made Apples they would be cheaper..

but Apple = Quality, and as long as you have a warranty your fine, if your Apple breaks out of warranty.. just buy a new one, same price.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

I hope this is fake, but rofl if its true. And thats coming from a mac user!

Apple started this whole "Hey I am a PC and I am a Mac" stuff... And the ads are right. Apple products are overpriced and have worse hardware.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...