By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii wil never get the kind of third party support that the PS2 had.

routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's not because the games won't sell, it's because nobody wants to make games on outdated hardware. That's really all there is to it. The PS2 was less powerful than the competition, but it was powerful enough.

Ahhhh, so that's why developers steer clear of the DS while opting for the superior PSP. Gotcha. I'll pretend DQIX never happened.

Monster Hunter Says HAI!!!

/Half jokes kinda

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

It's not because the games won't sell, it's because nobody wants to make games on outdated hardware. That's really all there is to it. The PS2 was less powerful than the competition, but it was powerful enough.

Ahhhh, so that's why developers steer clear of the DS while opting for the superior PSP. Gotcha. I'll pretend DQIX never happened.

No, they avoid both. DQIX is an exception.

routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

The DS was a major step up from the Game Boy Advance. That's not being outdated.

Ari_Gold said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

i agree with you

Thats not ALL true. Remember the huge 3rd party support for the GC and N64 (both arguably the strongest console of its gen). Sine the PS1 many western developers want to create 'cool' games, games that generally dont involve Nintendo. Theres that stigma that Nintendo isnt cool (thank Sega Genesis) also.

I would say that a lot of devs (not nobody) don't want to make games for outdated hardware. How fun is it to make a game that is optimized to run on the 360, then tweak it a little to run on the PS3...and then tweak it...and downgrade it to work on the Wii? Thats a money losing venture right there. But, the Wii still seems to be doing fine, and the next Nintendo console will have updated hardware. Nintendo gambled, and it's pretty apparent they are winning right now...perhaps for the rest of the gen.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ironman said:
I would say that a lot of devs (not nobody) don't want to make games for outdated hardware. How fun is it to make a game that is optimized to run on the 360, then tweak it a little to run on the PS3...and then tweak it...and downgrade it to work on the Wii? Thats a money losing venture right there. But, the Wii still seems to be doing fine, and the next Nintendo console will have updated hardware. Nintendo gambled, and it's pretty apparent they are winning right now...perhaps for the rest of the gen.

Yeah but that's why it's getting a lot more exclusives than the PS3/360 :3

Still, Wii graphics CAN look good. Examples: SMG, MH3, Metroid Other M, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, etc.

Exactly...however, the graphics can't hold a candle to what the PS3 and 360 pump out...on the flip side, graphics don't make the game IMO...but they do help! lol.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Come, on... of course it wont. it also wont have the same market share. By this time last gen Ps2 already had 70%. theres your difference there. For the first time ever there are 3 viable platforms.

MontanaHatchet said:
routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

The DS was a major step up from the Game Boy Advance. That's not being outdated.

This is not big enough for you?

Okay and montanna stated it wrong.

PSP and DS are BOTH outdated. They are fucking handhelds. The person who brought them up are ridiculous.

Soriku said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

No, they avoid both.

Japan would like a word.

Okay, if power's not the issue, then why isn't Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Resident Evil 5, Bioshock 2, Street Fighter IV, UFC Undisputed, Tekken 6, Prototype, BlazBlue, Lost Planet 2, Red Faction: Guerilla, Fight Night Round 4 and just about every other 2009 multiplat title not getting a Wii version?

Wii sells more software than the other consoles, so we know that's not the reason.