By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So are there going to be some changes considered?

I never knew how much I missed the Games link until it was gone, and those sub links when hovering over the main links.

Is the new changes permanant or will some of the suggestion be added, just so I know and won't have to bother people :)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
outlawauron said:
theRepublic said:
nordlead said:
I like Bacon said:
uh oh! I have no idea on how to check sales. :o I'm talking about the sales page that lists the top 50 best selling games of all time. Is that still up? Why isn't "sales" an option under the consoles?

:-/

Just click "Charts" for the World Wide Weekly sales page. Or you could click the world wide weekly total listed within the cool widget right on the top right of the main page. It is still a work in progress though.

I've got a similar question.  I found the worldwide weekly, but what happened to the worldwide monthly and yearly?

And the regional monthly/yearly.

That too.  It was my favorite new addition to the site and now I can't find it.  :(

Found it.  Click the charts tab, and then the links are on the far right.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I have a couple of suggestions for the mods:-
1- Allow users to rate games without writing a review.
2- Adding a "related games" column in every game page (I only find that in the news articles).
3- Adding an average review section just like Metacritic or Gamerankings.
4- Poll threads.

Thoughts?

Is there any way to allow for wide screen implementation? If not no worries but I just hate having 4 inches of wasted space on each side of the web page.

Fab_GS said:

2- Adding a "related games" column in every game page (I only find that in the news articles).
4- Poll threads.

Thoughts?

1) we want people to put thought into their score rather than running 0's and 10's all over the place. People did that before with the previosu system. Now that 0 is tied to your name so people can hate on you

2) Related games is manually entered by the news staff. So when they write an article they link all the games that are mentioned in the articles. I really don't see why you would want GTAIV to have a "related" game. If you want a similar game (other sandbox games) you will be able to search in the future by a more thorough genre list. I'm not going to go in the database and start linking all sorts of games together. There is a related news and soon to be related videos section in the game pages. I did toss around the idea of making a "if you like this game, you'll like this game" type system, but I haven't really put any work into it, but it would be cool.

3) the user review scores are averaged, so not sure what you are asking for.

4) you can use micropoll.com or any other website. We'd rather invest development time in features you can't really get from outside flash objects.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Fab_GS said:

4- Poll threads.

Thoughts?

1) we want people to put thought into their score rather than running 0's and 10's all over the place. People did that before with the previosu system. Now that 0 is tied to your name so people can hate on you

2) Related games is manually entered by the news staff. So when they write an article they link all the games that are mentioned in the articles. I really don't see why you would want GTAIV to have a "related" game. If you want a similar game (other sandbox games) you will be able to search in the future by a more thorough genre list. I'm not going to go in the database and start linking all sorts of games together. There is a related news and soon to be related videos section in the game pages. I did toss around the idea of making a "if you like this game, you'll like this game" type system, but I haven't really put any work into it, but it would be cool.

3) the user review scores are averaged, so not sure what you are asking for.

4) you can use micropoll.com or any other website. We'd rather invest development time in features you can't really get from outside flash objects.

1- Fair enough.

2- Oh, I thought they were automatically linked. But the "if you like this game, you'll like this game" system would be cool.

3- I meant critics average score. It would be cool if other users can submit a game critics score/review from IGN, GameSpot....etc.

4- I forgot about micropoll.com. lol

Thanks for replying. 

The updates to the site are quite impressive. I would like to see more updates in the near future.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Fab_GS said:

1- Fair enough.

2- Oh, I thought they were automatically linked. But the "if you like this game, you'll like this game" system would be cool.

3- I meant critics average score. It would be cool if other users can submit a game critics score/review from IGN, GameSpot....etc.

4- I forgot about micropoll.com. lol

Thanks for replying. 

3 is on the way. We plan on making this database one of the most detailed databases on the web, including scores from various websites, number of players, and all sorts of various information. It will take time though.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Hey could we have game add-ons listed on the game page as well?

dsister44 said:
Hey could we have game add-ons listed on the game page as well?

in the future, sure. Right now we don't really have any way of listing them and everything sort of gets lumped together or left out.