By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WarHawk > Battlefield 1943 : SO... Better.. but harder learning curve.

I played a lot of 1942 when it firsted released and it was a favourite of the LAN scene but was quickly overtaken by the Desert Storm mod.

That said I did not enjoy as it was pretty unbalanced. Also the original had a lot more maps. The maps they have replicated were good ones though and the fact that most things blow up is a nice touch.

The balance of Air/Land and See has always been an issue for the Battlefield series and one aspect they get better at all the time. I will look forward to the slow trickle feed of maps for 1943 as I am sure they will come.

Graphics wise they are adequate for this type of game and in some places very good. Overall I never felt the graphics wanting.

From what I have seen of Warhawk, 1943 is deceptively easier to master.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
Necromunda said:
Munkeh111 said:
Sardauk said:

The original BF1942 was released 7 years ago, BF1943 is only a revamp version for XBLIVE/PSN (a crazy good one).

Why comparing it to Warhawk ? Cause it is similar ? Who copied who ?

I is not really about copying, they are both very similar games and they are both worth having if you like online shooters

Not to mention Warhawk is the remake of the PS1 classic Warhawk so that would complicate things lol.

And BF1943 is a remake of BF1942... why are we talking past games? BF1942 > 99% of all online shooters today including 1943.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I just though the water in 1943 was more dodgy, but my main problem is the planes, I just can't use them, where as in Warhawk they were awesome

Munkeh111 said:
I just though the water in 1943 was more dodgy, but my main problem is the planes, I just can't use them, where as in Warhawk they were awesome

I agree with you 100% about the planes, the controls for flying the planes in BF43 are broken at best.  Warhawk was perfect that even a noob can jump in and get a good feel for them but there is enough depth for the experts to stand out.

Griffin said:
Munkeh111 said:

I agree with you 100% about the planes, the controls for flying the planes in BF43 are broken at best.  Warhawk was perfect that even a noob can jump in and get a good feel for them but there is enough depth for the experts to stand out.

I can fly them now, but dogfighting is pretty much impossible or accurate bombing, the only kill I got in a plane was when I crashed into someone

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Griffin said:
Munkeh111 said:

I can fly them now, but dogfighting is pretty much impossible or accurate bombing, the only kill I got in a plane was when I crashed into someone

That has been my experience of flying in the Battlefield series full stop. I can only just about fly a Black Hawk Helicopter. You can count me out when it comes to fighter jets. The same here with the Zeros, but this infliction seems to only cause me problems because overhead you normally find a good clutch of pilots who have no trouble dogfighting or laying down fire.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

KylieDog: I disagree, Warhawk is balanced... I take down a lot of "planes warhawk", depending on the place and enemy, each vehicle or "on foot" os better, as strategy, but it´s balanced...

And YES, they have same gameplay and way that objective happnes... they are similar in some ways...

thanks!

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

kibebr said:
KylieDog: I disagree, Warhawk is balanced... I take down a lot of "planes warhawk", depending on the place and enemy, each vehicle or "on foot" os better, as strategy, but it´s balanced...

And YES, they have same gameplay and way that objective happnes... they are similar in some ways...

thanks!

Well but.... BF1943 is... impure... it is also on the 360...so less good than Warhawk for sure...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Munkeh111 said:
Griffin said:
Munkeh111 said:

Practice makes you perfect, I feel the flying in 1943 gets easier and easier the more you do it. I can effectively dogfight against other planes allready but dropping accurate bombs is still rather hard, I still end up missing targets by few meters a lot. They seem to take often damage though since I get kill assists occasionally.

Sardauk said:
kibebr said:

thanks!

Well but.... BF1943 is... impure... it is also on the 360...so less good than Warhawk for sure...

Warhawk is better, but also more expensive