Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX First Day Sale:

Current user review score at Amazon.com Japan

Total: 251 users, Average: 2.5 star
5 star: 46
4 star: 25
3 star: 28
2 star: 45
1 star: 107

DQ fans (a lot of them are grown up) complain that the game is too easy, at the level that elementary school studensts can easily beat. There is ZERO adventurous feeling in the game. The number of enemies showing up in the battle as a group is limited at TWO in most cases. The developer (Level 5) has to scrape a lot of things because of the spec of DS.

There you go. To make DQ more popular than ever, SE may have to piss off some hardcore DQ fans. They will still buy the game anyway

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

Jesus goddamn titty christ, thats impressive!

wenlan said:

Current user review score at Amazon.com Japan
Total: 251 users, Average: 2.5 star
5 star: 46
4 star: 25
3 star: 28
2 star: 45
1 star: 107

DQ fans (a lot of them are grown up) complain that the game is too easy, at the level that elementary school studensts can easily beat. There is ZERO adventurous feeling in the game. The number of enemies showing up in the battle as a group is limited at TWO in most cases. The developer (Level 5) has to scrape a lot of things because of the spec of DS.

There you go. To make DQ more popular than ever, SE may has to piss off some hardcore DQ fans. They will still buy the game anyway

Actually I've read some impressions for other sites like GAF and the idea is totally opposite.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366921&page=12

Don't trust Amazon for Reviews, most of them are just bitter fanboys that wanted "their" game on High Def with boobs physics, online and all Teh Hardcore elements, expcet the same threatment for Monster Hunter Tri in a few days.

Is this number confirmed or found somewhere else. Either way a link would be nice.

Well, it will outsell Halo 3 American first week and brings the biggest OP for a game title back to Japan and back to Square-Enix. Just WoW. And maybe not IX but X will mean for DQ series the same FFVII represents to FF, the explosion of the series WordWide.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
I don't have the source... but from memory the previous best first day was 2.6 million by Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)

The previous best was FFVIII selling 2.6M first WEEK.

Remember the first Week for DQ for Vg chartz will be just one day 11th july. So expect another million for second week also.

tombi123 said:
TWRoO said:
I don't have the source... but from memory the previous best first day was 2.6 million by Dragon Quest 8 (PS2)

The previous best was FFVIII selling 2.6M first WEEK.

Yeah I was wondering whether it was day or week.... I did think it was DQ not FF though (either way I knew it was number 8)

So, what, that's 3 million first week counting the second day?

O_O...

This may very well be the DS's Halo 3.

I wonder how DQX will sell.

Pixel Art can be fun.