By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX First Day Sale:

I predict Nintendo Japan stock to rise this monday. Maybe WSR and this will return value.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Haha, omfg! It's been a long time since we've seen a game with first day sales like that.

tyig said:
Maybe DQ X will surpass halo 3?

If maths is to be believed, most definately.

After all, Halo 3 launched to 62.5k in Japan first week.... DQIX looks like it will have a 3000k first week, that is 48 times Halo 3.

Therefore: Dragon Quest IX will sell over 480 million copies.

Dragon Quest X has to sell more than that because X is more than IX.

--------

If logic is to be believed, hell no. DQIX will be lucky to sell much more than 6 million, I don't think X will manage a similar feat, the Wii is not the DS.

We'll see about that, the wii can do some crazy things from time to time(mario kart wii compared to mario kart ds)

that's crazy, that's about how many people bought the ps3 since 2006. wow

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Should of been 3.2 mil first day.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I knew it was going to be in that area of sales but still...shiiiiiiiiit.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

whoops, sorry for double post.

Here's new advertisment and first day sales pictures that i found.

Source : Game Watch

Xxain said:
DX9 be the highest selling JRPG this gen...

Dragon Quest IX will have astounding sales but I don't think it will generate enough to be the highest selling JRPG of this generation. The reason is that Dragon Quest isn't really that well known outside of Japan. It will probably have a life time range of 4M-5M. I still think FFXIII will be the highest selling JRPG this generation because it is on 2 consoles and it is a world known JRPG series. Not in just one specific region.