By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Link has more girls.

In Ocarina of Time alone he's got Saria, Malon, Ruto, and Zelda!

Around the Network

Samus proves why Cloud would win.

Link would need the Triforce to even be a match for Cloud.

Heres something for you... what if Cloud got the triforce first!

He doesn't know it exists. He doesn't even know Link wants to beat his ass! He's also to emo to get it.

In that case Cloud would just cut Link in half the moment he saw him

And my opinion = fact so HA

But guys! Link will just remind Cloud that he's his own worse enemy and walk right by him while Cloud is subjected to self-induced insanity.

xP

OT:

Uh, just because I had more fun with Legend of Zelda, I'll say Link would win. xP

Ooh, and Link can be invincible!!! Chateau Romani + Nayru's Love 8D

Around the Network

Link has appeared in, off the top of my head, 14 awesome games. Cloud has appeared in zero. The end.

Edit:  Forgot Kingdom Hearts.  14-1, then.  Still a drubbing.

Carl2291 said:
In that case Cloud would just cut Link in half the moment he saw him

And my opinion = fact so HA

If Link can sneak past dumb AI guards to see Zelda in ocarina of time then why would the even dumber Cloud be able to find him? XD

ph4nt said:
Link has more girls.

In Ocarina of Time alone he's got Saria, Malon, Ruto, and Zelda!

To heck with those lil girls. Nabooru was where it was at. Does cloud even like females?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Cloud FTW

tarheel91 said:
Vashyo said:
Link doesn't have any character depth, he doesn't speak, he has no past and he allways gets pretty much randomly chosen to save the world.

That's why I prefer cloud, even if he emoes atleast he does it for a reason.

Vashyo, meet WordsOfWisdom:

Words Of Wisdom said:
MrBubbles said:

I think this is all about the sword.  Link carries around his normal or undersized swords...and cloud carries around his big sword.  

Your thoughts?...Is just another "sizes matters" situation?

I think part of it has always been the ambiguity of Link's age.  He ranges from young to teenager-ish to adult in various games.  Anyone making the same sexual jokes about Link as Cloud might be a pedo.

The other part is that Link has never had that rough and tough image.  People feel insecure compared to Cloud so they make fun of him to hide their own insecurities.  People don't do that with Link because whereas Cloud has that firmly defined personality, a lot of people project themselves into Link.  When someone plays FF7, they control the cast but the cast each has distinctive personalities.  When people play Zelda, they become Link.  Link's ambiguous and player-defined character is something that Miyamoto has spoken of and one of the highlights of the series.

If we're talking about a fight in the real world, Link wins.  No one could lift Cloud's impossibly large sword, much less get a swing off before the other guy stabs him through the chest.  If we're talking about in some alternate dimension where the worlds of Zelda and Final Fantasy have met, it's much closer.  Cloud's got his ridiculously large sword and skills and such, but Link has the Triforce of Courage and the Gods backing him.

Like I said link has no character depth, since he is just your avatar in the gameworld and he has as much meaning in the gameworld as any player character in any mmorpg-game. and there's no reason to talk about fighting in real world since both are fictional characters in magical world where you could shoot fireballs out of your ass, magical world has allways been a setting in final fantasy and zelda.

I would propably like link much more if they decided to make some dialogue for him, even more if you can influence how the game goes forward with different choice of words (like most of bioware's games).