By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mass Effect 2 - Reveal Dev Diary

Oh dear god.

That was amazing. And an actual ending where Shepard dies? Wow.

I'm hoping to avoid that :P

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

It won't win GoTY, games released so early in the year very rarely do, but that is not to say it shouldn't

Anyway, looks damm good, I like the new exploration stuff, though I would love to see it in more detail than that little teaser showed, and while I am sad to go, the new ship looks quite nice

People are complaining about that spoiler of shep's death etc but I think its something that happens early in the game..

planet exploration looks much better too ^__^ I wonder if we gonna get  more of those giant worms popping out and chomping shep's ass again ??

selnor said:
Mass Effect 2 will EASILY win GOTY 2010.

This has been posted in the official mass effect 2 thread.

With strong multiplats like Final Fantasy 13 and Sony exclusives like God of War 3 and The Last Guardian, isn't a bit early to call this?

But.. but.. he just spoiled the ending :(

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:

With strong multiplats like Final Fantasy 13 and Sony exclusives like God of War 3 and The Last Guardian, isn't a bit early to call this?

Not for people that loved the original Mass Effect.  I'm willing to bet if the franchise goes to Ps3 it will suddenly become GOTY material for you...

slowmo said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:

Not for people that loved the original Mass Effect.  I'm willing to bet if the franchise goes to Ps3 it will suddenly become GOTY material for you...

I loved ME1, and i have to agree with wholikeswood.

Next year looks like an awesome year for all gamers, Final fantasy 13... Versus 13... God of War 3... The Last Guardian... Halo: Reach... Mass Effect 2... Alan Wake... Super Mario Galaxy 2... Metroid: Other M... Zelda Wii? And thats probably just the tip of the ice berg.

The more I see the more I'm hyped.

Carl2291 said:
slowmo said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:

I loved ME1, and i have to agree with wholikeswood.

Next year looks like an awesome year for all gamers, Final fantasy 13... Versus 13... God of War 3... The Last Guardian... Halo: Reach... Mass Effect 2... Alan Wake... Super Mario Galaxy 2... Metroid: Other M... Zelda Wii? And thats probably just the tip of the ice berg.

Well in my defense the titles he stated to better a proven franchise like ME that reviewed critically very well was weak.  The Last Guardian is a new IP which we have so far seen far too little of to judge if it will be a critical success.  God Of War 3 is very unlikely to win many GOTY awards outside of the Playstation press.  I'll fall for the last baiting trap and say I think JRPG's are hopelessly dated now with not enough evolution and FFXIII will bomb critically struggling to make AAA status at best. 

To cover the other titles and be fair, Halo Reach will be a great shooter but not GOTY material (plus it's a cash in).  Alan Wake I doubt will have enough variety to earn the title but we've seen very little so far.  SMG2 will not advance much past SMG1 imo but every Nintendo vote will be given to it despite it being a cash in.  Metroid has no chance, Zelda would be a good shout depending on art style and innovation. 

Finally all the above is complete crap in other peoples opinions (which I expect) and that is why predicting GOTY is more a case of good luck than judgement as too many factors swing votes that are nothing to do with the game themselves.

True, there is really no point guessing what GotY 2010 will be because we dont even know half of the games getting released.

2009 will be hard enough to choose from!

I only have one problem with your post... Final Fantasy 13 will be the best JRPG or the gen and best RPG of this year