By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everything UP! (4th Jul)

kowenicki said:

YOY Worldwide for the week ending 4th July 2009 v 5th July 2008

Wii down 175,431 - down 48%
PS3 down 64,889 - down 42%
360 down 3,538 - down 3%

DS down  182,511 - down 34%
PSP down 101,176 - down 45%

That's insanely low o.O  the 3% is probably the only relief that can be seen.

Around the Network

If we take the Wii's 50% increase in Japan as the effect of WSR, and expect a similar result in WW, it would almost reach 300 units/week.

And we don't know yet, for how long it will stay there.

@kowenicki

OMG

THAT LOOKS HORRIBLE.....PUT IT AWAY!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^
Valid point, never thought of it that way.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
kowenicki said:
@alterego

I am fairly certain we wont see anywhere near a 50% bump in hardware due to WSR in the west...

Why would a WSR that you have to pay for push you to a Wii, if a free copy of WS didnt?

1. Because customers are encouraged by a stronger lineup. If a console gets a single FPS, some FPS fans will get it. If it gets a second great FPS, even more FPS fans will get it. If it gets a third great FPS, i will be started to seen as an FPS console, and even more FPS fans wuill get it. They were mildly interested in the first one, but it wasn't enough to spend hundreds of dollars on it.

2. Because casual gamers don't see the games as you and I. We might classify it as a member of the "minigame collection genre", a part of the "Wii franchise", and a sequel to Wii Sport". 

What they see, is "that one with swordfighting and canoeing" as opposed to "that one with tennis and bowling"

They do not buy the concept, they buy the content.

3. Because it is just better. 

Obviously, it will be popularized by word of mouth, and demoing with someone elses Wii. There might be many people, who already tried Wii Sports, but they were uninspired by the "waggling". Accurate 1:1 motion control might be the thing that breaks the "good enough" level for them.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:
@alterego

Well if it needs word of mouth it wont give an immediate 50% boost then will it... it would be a gradual increase.

I am dubious to say the least.... but we shall see.

Exactly. That 50% that I got from the Japanese data, happened over a 3 week timespan. (and I'm not even convinced that the increasing already ended.)

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&start=39635&end=39999 

WOW, looking at the chart again, I just realised that the Wii is has its best sales since the holiday season right now!

I hate this time of year.

TheTruthHurts! said:
I hate this time of year.

I hate this year in general

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

PSP hardware is up from last week

mM

Woah thats bad sales

It's been 2 years since the Wii was that low

It's been more then a year since the X360 was that low

And about a year and a half since the PS3 was that low

Horrible, I hope things pick up