By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The reason the PSP will never surpass the DS

And obviously women can't be core gamers right. There's no need to be biased and sexist. Not to mention giving the DS credit for it's sales only because of it's appeal to women. Why do we let these threads stay up.

Around the Network
deadt0m said:
outlawauron said:
deadt0m said:
The real reason: quality of software. The gap is larger than the gap between any two systems in any generation ever, and expands pretty much daily.

Says the person who doesn't own any PSP games.

If you GAVE ME a PSP for free, the only game I'd even take time out of my day to play would be Kingdom Hearts whenever it finally comes out.  Most of the stuff on PSP just doesn't appeal to me in the least bit, especially considering how much of it is just handheld versions of PS2 and PS3 games I had no interest in to begin with.  If you enjoy it, more power to you, but if only people who own a PSP are allowed to not like it, then the sales numbers make it pretty clear that hardly anyone dislikes PSP :P

Well, no you can not like it, but you can not give an objective view on the library as a whole. And I find it very hard to believe that nothing but Kingdom Hearts appeals to you, even moreso looking at your game collection.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
Zucas said:
And obviously women can't be core gamers right. There's no need to be biased and sexist. Not to mention giving the DS credit for it's sales only because of it's appeal to women. Why do we let these threads stay up.

It's only fair, because my joke threads don't get locked either.

Well yea but yours actually jokes haha. 

Lol @ thread, who thinks the PSP would ever sell more than DS anyway? :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think there seems to be an issue here with the definition of "core". What is core to someone is going to be different to someone else and even that will change over time.
It is highly subjective. No diffinitive answer. So trying to define it, is highly improbable especially when trying to use it in a debate.

OT: Both are good portable consoles and electronic entertainment. My opinion the DS sells better than the PSP is quite simple. It just does.

Who really knows why? There are so many factors that it really is difficult to know the exact nature why it took off so well? Could it have been price? Accessiblity? Support in the variety of games? Brand Recognition? Marketablity? Advertising? Retail support? Sponsorship? Good corporate management? Good employee morale? Maybe the cosmos aligned. I think all of these played an important factor.

Who knows? Maybe in another time or place the PSP could have sold better? Who knows why? To find out, you'd have to go to every individual who did not buy a PSP to find out why. That might take awhile.

All I'm sure of, is that the DS is a great machine. And so is the PSP.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Zucas said:

It's only fair, because my joke threads don't get locked either.

Are you implying that this is a joke thread?  Because that actually makes a lot of sense.  It makes perfect sense.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

The 100 million unit gap may also be a pretty tough mountain to climb.

The Nintendo DS is too awesome nuff said.

GIVE ME GOLDEN SUN DAMMIT

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Squilliam said:
So women only say they prefer a black handheld... but when it comes down to it, they choose a whitey every time?

BEST. POST. EVER. I was on a damn business call and read this and laughed into the phone. >=[

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

^ You got falcon punched, was it an important call? :P

Anyway Zucas said something about being sexist and blabla... The fact remains, Zucas, that women don't usually play core games... Sure there are some, but they're a minority... There was nothing wrong with what he said. Boys and girls are not the same, that's not being sexist. That's the truth and a lot of people can't handle the hard cold truth. You're one of them