By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The reason the PSP will never surpass the DS

I don't think any particular demographic needs to be singled out as to why the DS is beating the PSP. The PSP is just flat out getting it's ass handed to it.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
^ You got falcon punched, was it an important call? :P

Anyway Zucas said something about being sexist and blabla... The fact remains, Zucas, that women don't usually play core games... Sure there are some, but they're a minority... There was nothing wrong with what he said. Boys and girls are not the same, that's not being sexist. That's the truth and a lot of people can't handle the hard cold truth. You're one of them

So you agree that the reason the DS has outsold the PSP is because of women who play non-core games?  Is that how the PS2 outsold the competition?  Please enlighten us.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

The reason why DS has sold so much is because Ninty dominates the handheld market. They also brought the most innovative handheld to the market that appeals to everyone and not just core gamers. Women who play more non core games IS one of the reason, but it sure as hell is not the only one.

The reason Sony WON was because they had DVD and Ninty used those dumb small cd's. Playstation was also a big brandname already and Nintendo was stuck with a kiddy brand. Most people who bought a ps1 bought a ps2 for those reasons. Microsoft didn't stand a change with it's xbox because it was new to the market. I hope I have enlighted you.

Ps: This is just my opinion on the matter. In no way am I saying this is the only truth out there.

Samus Aran said:
^ You got falcon punched, was it an important call? :P

Anyway Zucas said something about being sexist and blabla... The fact remains, Zucas, that women don't usually play core games... Sure there are some, but they're a minority... There was nothing wrong with what he said. Boys and girls are not the same, that's not being sexist. That's the truth and a lot of people can't handle the hard cold truth. You're one of them

Hey, from what I've heard, they are pretty fond of the Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Zelda games.  A lot more hardcore than your Call of Duty and Halo.  That's getting falcon punched.

I never said there weren't any core gamers... But I'm pretty sure more guys have bought zelda then girls. I could however be wrong, but is there anyway to prove this?

Ps: I don't know how girls are with gaming in Japan, so I'm only talking about the Europe, America,etc here.

Around the Network

I agree with the first part.  Don't see how that makes what Zucas said wrong.  The OP was sexist.  

Disagree with the second part.  Nintendo still had a kiddy image at the start of this gen.  Sony had the PS brand name behind it.  That didn't stop them from switching roles.  I do not feel enlightened and want my money back.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

BoleroOfFire said:

I agree with the first part.  Don't see how that makes what Zucas said wrong.  The OP was sexist.  

Disagree with the second part.  Nintendo still had a kiddy image at the start of this gen.  Sony had the PS brand name behind it.  That didn't stop them from switching roles.  I do not feel enlightened and want my money back.  

Yea, Samus, pretty much what he said.  What the OP was implying is that they can't be core gamers while you still imply it possible.  He was being sexist.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist.  However, I think there are more female core gamers than most will admit.  I mean in America, there are almost as many female gamers as there are male gamers whether casual or core.  It would be hard to think separating those into "core" and "casual" that the percentages on "core" would be so wildly different. 

However, who knows how many core female gamers there would be if the industry would actually supply to them properly.  Possibly a game with a lead female character that isn't eye candy for a dude (Metroid).  Or a story that is more atoned for them rather than a badass male character harassing women and leaving a gory mess in the background.  But more likely just strong female characters. 

The fact that it has many, many more good games might also have a little to do with it.

Must have read his post(the sexist one) wrong then. Sorry for that :)

And funny how you mention Metroid. I know a girl that played metroid a long time ago and I said her that Samus was a girl. She was surprised, but liked the game more because of it untill she saw the hot chick at the end though... She was pissed then XD

Samus Aran said:
Must have read his post(the sexist one) wrong then. Sorry for that :)

And funny how you mention Metroid. I know a girl that played metroid a long time ago and I said her that Samus was a girl. She was surprised, but liked the game more because of it untill she saw the hot chick at the end though... She was pissed then XD

Well of course she's hot under the mask.  But for the most party, you see a female trapping her beauty away in a power suit and kicking all this ass.  I doubt most would mind to find out later that she is attractive but point being it is a strong female character that is liked not because of her beauty but because of her attitude and strength.  Not to many female characters in the gaming world like that.