By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will PS3 weekly sales surpass XBox360?

Last time, the PS3 weekly sales surpass the 360 was when Metal Gear Solid 4 came out.  I'm not sure if Uncharted 2 will do it.  I'm not even sure if a $100 price drop would do it.  Maybe God of War 3.  How about another exclusive PS3 Metal Gear game?

Around the Network

Price cut.
Slim.
Final Fantasy 13
God of War 3
Final Fantasy 7: Remake

Halo 4?

You chose the worst week for this topic.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

^^ lol

actually the last time the OS3 outsold the 360 in weekly sales was when Killzone 2 released I think ...

neva!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

A pricecut would do it. GT5 & FF 13 should be able to get a month of sales over 360 together without a cut. A slim model without the cut could do it for 2 weeks.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Carl2291 said:
Price cut.
Slim.
Final Fantasy 13
God of War 3

Halo 4?

Mmmm...

^ I agree with eerything. GT5 and FF13 will definitely do but the ps3 will need a price cut for the sales to stay premature over the 360 for more than 1 week. Everybody will be excited if it overtakes the 360 for 1 week i'll guess but its gonna have to do it every single week if it wants to past the 360 permanently.

Am im saying this bcus this could be the first week the ps3 sells below 100k, which would be a disaster.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Carl2291 said:
Price cut.
Slim.
Final Fantasy 13 Versus
God of War 3

Halo 4?

That will be one epic week O_o

GT 5. or maybe a slim version and a 100 dollar price cut