By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 below 100K for the second week in a row.

oh we are back to the ps3's doomed part of the cicle again!

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
selnor said:
No comment. Figures speak for themselves.

30k+ between 360 and PS3 this week.

A whole 30k? You gota be kiddin me?

PS3 IZ DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

FootballFan said:
selnor said:
No comment. Figures speak for themselves.

30k+ between 360 and PS3 this week.

A whole 30k? You gota be kiddin me?

PS3 IZ DOMED

sorry, I just had to jump on the bandwagon...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

ITs like the new fad

PS3 is DOMED!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^^ better than doomed, be thankful!

Around the Network
Aion said:
oh no ps3 is doomed.

Yeah.. pretty much. Jack Tretton already said that no price cut is coming soon. I still think we'll see one before the end of the year.  I'm a bit surprised because normally the PS3 sells better in the off months, while the XBox 360 doesn't do so well. The 360 usually sells like crazy  from Oct - Dec. I thought the PS3 would outsell the 360 in July & Aug, but that's not even happening. In Japan the 360 is actually selling pretty well compared to the original XBox.
Sony definitely needs a price cut this year. If they don't do a price cut this year, they are going to be in a lot of trouble.

'gaming till I'm gone'

the systems in trouble, no doubt. considering sony is losing $200+ on every system, you wonder how long they can keep this up.
I'm hoping they will release some more multiplayer/split screen games so I can play with my buddies.

This is the slowest time of the year. Even the Wii has low numbers nowadays (compared to itself that is). But these PS3 numbers really are horrendously low imo.

Looks like those consistent rumors of a slim and price cut could well be having the impact i expected them to have

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

tripleb2k said:
the systems in trouble, no doubt. considering sony is losing $200+ on every system, you wonder how long they can keep this up.
I'm hoping they will release some more multiplayer/split screen games so I can play with my buddies.

Well they aren't losing that much per system. For the 160GB PS3 they might actually be making $5-$10, but for the 80GB PS3, I do think that they are losing maybe $5-$15per system still. The exchange rate has been bad for the Yen this year, which is really hurting Sony and other Japanese companies. If the price cut does happen this year, it may only be in the U.S.

'gaming till I'm gone'