By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony still losing money on every PS3

Yeah, until they release the slim, they won't be in the black anytime soon. And with slipping under 100K a week worldwide, that's trouble too.

Off topic, what is up with the explosion of PS3 troll threads? It's hella funny to see the tide shift once again, but doggone - when will it end?

Around the Network

Maybe stringer doesn't know what he's talking about, since many ps3 fanboys know far more about the cost to produce a ps3 over him...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

MAFKKA said:
But the word Would wouldnt be there if the way he said it didnt imply that it should be there.

Otherwise it would've been "I am losing" instead of "I lose".

Grasping at straws!

Actually, "I lose money on every PS3 I make" is perfectly valid grammatically. Rhetorically it's a bit bold, as it's worded in such a way as to draw emphasis on the fact, but it's well within the bounds of what someone might say.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

sinha said:
Xxain said:
^ Bingo @ spartanFX

Are you guys in junior high school?  What kind of grades are you folks getting in English class?

This is just hella funny. Thanks for the laugh, Sinha.

MAFKKA said:
Journalists add those things all the time since in plain text it might read like something different to what was implied and cause missunderstandings. Like in this thread for example. So just stop it! You know you're wrong.

It means implied. If journalists just added stuff, they'd be out of a job. That quote is 'I lose money on every PS3 I make - how's that for logic?' That was his quote. The journalist added 'would', but this is the original quote, like it or not.

'I lose money on every PS3 I make - how's that for logic?'

Around the Network

I'm not that knowledgable on the technical stuff, so can anyone tell me what it'll take for Sony to make up for that 10% loss on software sales?

lol

Who cares about 'would', point is no price cut coming according to Sony.

Though I still think we'll see a max of $50 in Aug/Sept.

As for PS3 currently losing money, well, its got to be pretty close to breaking even if not already. I bet they are waiting for a big reduction on cost before they cut so as to stay in a profitable situation.

Aion said:
Its sad people can't see the value of the ps3.

How so? It's your money and you are free to spend it however you want to. Just because you and a few others see the value of it doesn't mean others will see the light and graduate to the PS3. It's called a choice and I'm glad that we have them.

heruamon said:

Maybe stringer doesn't know what he's talking about, since many ps3 fanboys know far more about the cost to produce a ps3 over him...

ROTFL.

@ sinsa.
Maybe you should come to England to learn your English.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st