By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 vs Halo 3:ODST

@xlost8 : my bad, my first answer wasn't clear. I think Uncharted 2 will be the best GAME, but like I said later, I think Halo ODST will sell more, mainly due to the big adverts made by MS on the Halo brand. Sony could well do more money on Uncharted though, since they'll advert it much less and it could sell 4 million copies.

Halo is definitely better known right now, of course I agree with you on that point.

Around the Network

@Tony_Parker

And bro, I'm not hating on Uncharted 2. I own a PS3 and have owned the original Uncharted. I know how you feel about that series and I hope Sony try their best on advertising this game.

A) It deserves it
B) It has the best graphics engine, I have saw yet this generation
C) Nathan Drake is like the best video game character this generation
D) Without a shout of a doubt this game will sell on word of mouth if any advertisement is presented.

I strongly believe Uncharted 2 can push some units but not something like Halo 3: ODST will do for that matter. It's good to put these to games up against each other but everyone knows that Halo is a mainstream title and Uncharted is more like a gamer games rather than mainstream. I truly hope that Sony does advertise it like Microsoft does Halo!

Yeah, well said, I hope that too...

seece said:
kowenicki said:
well why isnt he banned then! its just a stream of bullshit - its never ending.

True say, don't worry I'm on it

There's nothing cool about being a rat no matter how many wink emocons you paste.

Tony_Parker said:
I think Halo ODST will sell more considering MS will make a 50 million $ advert campaign again.

Then again, Uncharted sales were nothing to laugh at, with 2.5 million last time I checked (maybe more ?), so Uncharted 2 could reach 4 million lifetime easily.

I think Halo ODST will sell more but Uncharted 2 will both make more money for Sony (due to less adverts) and be the best game of those two.

I think Uncharted 2 should move a bit more consoles too considering that any Halo fan already has a 360 by now.

LOL.  L4D, a measly PC/360 game(which you find so distasteful for 360), sold almost as much on 360 as your PS3 exlusive that was bundled.  Perhaps we should be comparing L4D2 with Uncharted 2 instead of the much bigger and better franchise that is Halo.

Around the Network

Why would ODST push consoles? everyone who plays halo has a 360.
Uncharted 2 might push some though.

You've never met a Sony fan who wishes he had a 360, you always see the inverse of that.
My guess is that during e3 the titles sony showcased were so vastly better than anything Microsoft had to show that you might see some hardware sales for people wishing to get in on the best of gaming.

Halo is a casual shooter, just like brawl is a casual fighter.
They are party games.

Uncharted is a real video game. It is in no way intended on making 10 year old boys feel big about themselves on the internet.

ODST will outsell it, but Halo: REACH will dominate it.

Uncharted will still do very well though, and comparing uncharted to halo is not even fair in terms of quality. It's like comparing gears of war to heavenly sword. It's a totally different league of game.

Steroid said:
seece said:
kowenicki said:
well why isnt he banned then! its just a stream of bullshit - its never ending.

True say, don't worry I'm on it

There's nothing cool about being a rat no matter how many wink emocons you paste.

I'm not doing it to be cool, I'm doing it to get rid of people that break the rules and annoy me. Deal with it ...

@scee : Yeah, ultimately, when you ban everybody who disagrees with you, you can feel less insecure for some time.

Then again, that's what nazis did. Plus, reality always catches you back later.

@Kowenicki : What ? When did I say I disagreed with VG numbers, I don't understand. I don't know how accurate they are, but it's offtopic here.

Tony_Parker said:
Ultimately, when you ban everybody that disagrees with you, you can feel less insecure.

Then again, that's what nazis did. Plus, reality always catches you back later.

Well, I don't have the power to ban people, just report people that break the rules. I don't report you because I disagree with you, I report you because you break the rules. Difference.

and I don't know how you think you make anyone insecure with your post's, you really need to get a perspective, this is a forum not real life.

I mean if someone is a baby and defenseless it's understandable that they would run to their momma for protection. As you get older you learn to stand up for yourself.