By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 vs Halo 3:ODST

Tony_Parker said:
Well let's see...

Halo 3 ODST is an expansion pack to a 2006 game which was one of the all time most adverted game and probably one of the most overrated too.

Uncharted 2 is a groundbreaking full game sequel of a recent blockbuster whose demo made jaws drop with incredible graphics and hollywood like action.

So it's not even close... Uncharted 2 wins hands down.

Overrated to you.  Not the the millions that play it each and every week...

Around the Network

Now, will Halo 3:ODST sell more than Uncharted 2? Probably but I wouldn't be certain. Halo 3 sold something like 9.5 million, but Halo Wars didn't do so well. Now Halo 3:ODST is built on the same engine of Halo 3 which is about 2-3 years old (which at that time was awesome), so the game isn't gonna seem like it's pushing boundaries. The game will be more of the same, so I don't think Halo 3:ODST is gonna sell even half of what Halo 3 sold (closer to Halo Wars than Halo 3). Now, I won't speculate on Halo Reach though.

Uncharted 2, on the other hand, is a budding franchise. I think it will certainly outsell the first Uncharted. Will it double its sales? It definitely has the potential. There's more PS3 consoles out there as compare to when the original Uncharted came out. Will the hype of Uncharted 2 get big and move games and the PS3 console? Don't know.

selnor said:
gtcarro said:
selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:
Halo will sell more, Uncharted 2 will be the better game.

/thread

Your opinion. I can think of nearly 10 million people that disagree. I'm one. Halo 3 was far the better game. /Thread.

Wow Selnor I thought with all of the Sony bashing over the past 2 years that you'd never get a PS3, let alone with Uncharted. And you must have beaten Uncharted if you're able to make conclusions about it so quickly, am I right?

Dude I finished Uncharted nearly a year ago. I forgot people have to own a console this gen to actually play the games. I have 2 friends with PS3's. ( Likely not for long though ). I have also nearly finished MGS4 ( but that game requires serious dedication for all the cutscenes, even as someone who's finished the previous 3 ). Also played GT5P extensively online, and more recently finished half of KZ2, whilst watching the other half ( no coop, so we had to do the whole in turn thing. )

I have a friend with a 360 and I played Halo 3 and it sucked!

...Really now, is my claim any less credible than yours?

No it isn't less credible. It's absolutely fine actually. The small difference is I didnt say Uncharted sucks, and I kinda have nearly 10 million Halo 3 people on my wavelength. And it still sells weekly more than KZ2. Which says alot.

No but you implied that PS3 sucks and that your friends will likely get rid of them in the future. My point is stop being so conclusive without concrete evidence. A picture of you playing Uncharted on a PS3 would suffice

Next time I'm there I will take some photo's of me playing a few games. A video even. :)

It's not that the PS3 is all suckful, but I live in the UK. PS3 doesn't have great love here. Like I mentioned in another thread, 360 is about to be double PS3 userbase here, and about to overtake wii at this rate. We hardly play PS3 when like 10 of us get together. The guys who own PS3's I know, are thinking of selling to buy all the 360 games out this year, and the new Forza 3 wheel. So it's pretty likely I may not know anyone with a PS3. IT's sad bu GC was in a similar position last gen here in UK. Although I had a GC purely becasue up until half way through last gen I was a massive GC fanboy, that turned into massive PS2 fanboy.

Yes. UK likes to be different of Europe in everything.

Europe prefers PS3 but UK "loves" the microsoft console.

We drive on the right side of the road. You like to be different and drive in the "wrong" side.

We have €. UK likes to be different and have £

We talk about Kg you talk about pounds

I dont understand why you  talk about Km instead of miles (to be different)

But I understand you, not just because you revere the Americans but also because you are an island and islands are allways behind the main continent and in consoles you are no different.

U.S. prefer 360 too, but is a different case because microsoft is an American company and I perfectly understand why they prefer they own products instead of japonese ones.

Woah!. UK is not behind Europe. We are more advnaced than most European countries. And France also is now much more 360 oriantated looking at the latest sales figures. We keep the pound because of heritage and the fact the pound is always strong. The majority of UK citizens dont want to be part of the EU. I am one of those people. I want the UK to stay the UK.

Originally, I just made a comment to show that one persons opinion is not the majority. Well it is on here because it's predominantly ventured by PS3 fans more than 360 and Wii fans. So 360 fans get outweighed on this site.

I respect your opinion and respect all the UK people and I liked to visit your country, but is not a lie that you are allaways different of the rest of Europe in almost everything.

We talk a lot about the sells of consoles in the world and the US and UK markets are the 2 markets were 360 sells are massive and this 2 markets make the difference between PS3 and 360 in world sells.

Like I said earlier we understand why the americans prefer 360 because microsoft is an American company and they prefer they own products instead of japonese ones, but in your case is very difficult to understand this.

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

kowenicki said:
@gtcarro

An island is always behind a continent.... how old are you!!??

The UK and US have driven popular culture for the last 50 years... very very very little has come in the opposite direction.

I find your post quite insulting and incredibly ignorant. We have miles not km just to be diferent... what an idiotic and juvenile statement.

Oh and for your information. The 360 outsold the PS3 this last week in every reported country in europe except Spain (sony land) where is was pretty much a tie.

I'm sorry, You are right. I was confused when I sais that UK uses the metric system like the rest of Europe.

In fact Spain and Portugal are Sony lands, but in the rest of the countries of Europe, PS3 global sells are still ahead (by far) despite it costs 400€ when xbox360 costs 180€ (less then a half).

In this moment, in Europe the price is the only real advantage that xbox360 have.

Of course at the same price point PS3 would annihilate the 360. PS3 sells the same worldwide as the 360 every week, which is quite an achievement considering it costs twice as much.

The fact that the US or the UK prefers the 360 doesn't change anything, since worldwide it's a stalemate, it just means there are many other countries that prefer the PS3, like Japan, Germany, France or Spain...

If you want to know why there are so many people who choose to buy PS3 over 360 even if it means paying much more, well that's content, certainly NOT the power of teh cell.

What the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't have ? Games like Team ICO games, uncharted, ratchet, MGS4, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, God of War 3, MAG with 256 players... There's just nothing like that on 360, and when you add games like Killzone 2 or Gran Turismo 5, it's not even close.

On the other hand, to become more attractive, 360 has to make their so called exclusives unavailable on PC. Otherwise people with a PS3/PC combo like me will never feel any urge to buy those games on 360.

Around the Network

Last week 360 sell more but in comulative sells (total of machines) PS3 is stil in front.

I agree with you Tony_Parker.
The PS3/PC combo is the best choice to have the best of the 2 worlds.

@kowenicki : you must stop believing in the 'UK big market' myth.

Fact is their country is in ruins right now, and the pound is not worth anything anymore, so every people I know in EU now buys their games in the UK using internet. It's basically half cheaper shipping included (50$ there, 100$ in Germany or France due to euro / pound change).

I don't remember the last time I bought a game in France. So I don't know which % of the UK sales is really UK people buying, but it's definitely not more than 70/75 %.

As your report shows, PS3 is still ahead in many countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain or Italy, which are all among top 10 markets in the world.

And that's even BEFORE the PS3 price cut and with a 100 % price difference... So it's not hard to guess what will happen when Sony cuts the price.

Hint : look at what happened before last september, before MS cuts the 360 price : PS3 was beating 360 worldwide every week and the installed base gap was constantly shrinking.

Halo ODST will sell more
Halo ODST will score better
Halo ODST is more likely to move more consoles than Uncharted 2 (though neither will)

That's just how it is ...

Tony_Parker said:
@kowenicki : you must stop believing in the 'UK big market' myth.

Fact is their country is in ruins right now, and the pound is not worth anything anymore, so every people I know in EU now buys their games in the UK using internet. It's basically half cheaper shipping included (50$ there, 100$ in Germany or France due to euro / pound change).

I don't remember the last time I bought a game in France. So I don't know which % of the UK sales is really UK people buying, but it's definitely not more than 70/75 %.

As your report shows, PS3 is still ahead in many countries like Japan, Germany, France, Spain or Italy, which are all among top 10 markets in the world.

And that's even BEFORE the PS3 price cut and with a 100 % price difference... So it's not hard to guess what will happen when Sony cuts the price.

Hint : look at what happened before last september, before MS cuts the 360 price : PS3 was beating 360 worldwide every week and the installed base gap was constantly shrinking.

Wow, last time I looked out my window, the country was not in ruins. The average price of selling 360's is not 100%.

@ bold - newsflash! the 360 (apart from Europe) had not had a price cut the year prior, the PS3 did. Even with the PS3's price cut christmas 2007, it could only sell on par with the 360, when the 360 got a price cut last christmas, it blew the PS3 out of the water.

C_Hollomon said:
I have a feeling that U2 will outsale Halo ODST.

i dont have that feeling