By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 vs Halo 3:ODST

let's be realistic - Uncharted won't move any consoles sales, not in this gen. it's too little brand to do it in the first place. not to mention that first game didn't move console sales either and we're talking here bout a sequel to this game - so far there wasn't a single ps3 game that sold better than it's predecessor that was released on ps3 aside from EA sports games and Call of Duty if i'm correct and we're even talking bout moving consoles?

so software sales: Halo: ODST>>>>>>>>>Uncharted 2 i wouldn't be suprised if ODST sold 2.5-3 times more than Uncharted 2 lifetime ATLEAST.
hardware sales: ODST still can move consoles in a bundle if it would be sold with Halo 3 in it. Uncharted 2 wouldn't move any consoles even as a bundle - so far only MGS4 bundle moved consoles just because it had BC ps3s in it so basically we can say that there wasn't any bundled game that moved ps3s.

if Uncharted 3 was made by Naughty Dog as a psp exclusive game then we can talk bout moving system sales, but then again Halo handheld game with online would smash any other game sales and moved gazilions of handhelds.

Around the Network
kratos17 said:

halo will sell more but i cant see it selling consoles

uncharted will sell more consoles than odst (IMO)

WTF? Uncharted 1 barely scraped moving consoles. And even the Uncharted sales are misleading. They had bundles everywhere for the game when it was around just 1 mill. You couldnt buy a PS3 without getting a copy of Uncharted even if you didnt want it.

Uncharted 2 will be lucky to hit 2 mill, and I mean lucky without bundles. Wheras Halo 3 ODST will probably do over 5 mill without bundles.

This thread is hardly fair is it. Niether will sell consoles, but ODST will murder Uncharted 2 in sales.

waron said:
so far only MGS4 bundle moved consoles just because it had BC ps3s in it so basically we can say that there wasn't any bundled game that moved ps3s.

Wrong, that was only for the US.

The said:
tedsteriscool said:
Halo will sell more, Uncharted 2 will be the better game.

/thread

Your opinion. I can think of nearly 10 million people that disagree. I'm one. Halo 3 was far the better game. /Thread.

selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:

/thread

Your opinion. I can think of nearly 10 million people that disagree. I'm one. Halo 3 was far the better game. /Thread.

Wow Selnor I thought with all of the Sony bashing over the past 2 years that you'd never get a PS3, let alone with Uncharted. And you must have beaten Uncharted if you're able to make conclusions about it so quickly, am I right?

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:

lol, whatever helps you sleep at night.

OT: I don't think either will move really any consoles at all...

tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:

/thread

Wow Selnor I thought with all of the Sony bashing over the past 2 years that you'd never get a PS3, let alone with Uncharted. And you must have beaten Uncharted if you're able to make conclusions about it so quickly, am I right?

Dude I finished Uncharted nearly a year ago. I forgot people have to own a console this gen to actually play the games. I have 2 friends with PS3's. ( Likely not for long though ). I have also nearly finished MGS4 ( but that game requires serious dedication for all the cutscenes, even as someone who's finished the previous 3 ). Also played GT5P extensively online, and more recently finished half of KZ2, whilst watching the other half ( no coop, so we had to do the whole in turn thing. )

selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:

/thread

Dude I finished Uncharted nearly a year ago. I forgot people have to own a console this gen to actually play the games. I have 2 friends with PS3's. ( Likely not for long though ). I have also nearly finished MGS4 ( but that game requires serious dedication for all the cutscenes, even as someone who's finished the previous 3 ). Also played GT5P extensively online, and more recently finished half of KZ2, whilst watching the other half ( no coop, so we had to do the whole in turn thing. )

I have a friend with a 360 and I played Halo 3 and it sucked!

...Really now, is my claim any less credible than yours?

selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:

/thread

well then why didn't anyone tell me this.....I can now finnaly say that Halo 3 was crap IMO I played it with my friend we VS each other VIA splitscreen and did bit of co-op.

tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
tedsteriscool said:
selnor said:
The said:
tedsteriscool said:

/thread

I have a friend with a 360 and I played Halo 3 and it sucked!

...Really now, is my claim any less credible than yours?

No it isn't less credible. It's absolutely fine actually. The small difference is I didnt say Uncharted sucks, and I kinda have nearly 10 million Halo 3 people on my wavelength. And it still sells weekly more than KZ2. Which says alot.