By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It's Time to Settle it Once and For All! Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey?

outlawauron said:
MontanaHatchet said:

If you care about gameplay, the main point of games, Vesperia is the better game.

Hey, not everyone prefer action RPGs.

You're right. Some people prefer RPGs with no action, and for that, I understand.

I like turn based battles more too, but we're talking about a combat system that's beaten by decade old games.

Around the Network

I prefer Lost Odyssey, but really, they're both amazing.

Lost Odyssey had an awesome story, the only thing I didn't like was the way the skill link and item skills were handled, you wound up spending half your time setting up skill links and shuffling items between your characters and party juggling and it got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. It's still a great RPG though with fun old-school gameplay, a great story, and awesome interlude things.

Tales is... Tales. So awesome.

Get them both :P

Obiv it's Lost Odyssey,not saying tales of vesperia is a bad game or anything i just liked kaim better than lame Ass Yuri,I enjoyed Lost odyssey more.

360 fanboy admission: Lost odyssey sucks. Vesperia is vastly better than LO, and slightly better than Radiant Dawn and Valkyria Chrons this gen. Vesperia rocks some serious ass.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Dark_Rulez89 said:
Obiv it's Lost Odyssey,not saying tales of vesperia is a bad game or anything i just liked kaim better than lame Ass Yuri,I enjoyed Lost odyssey more.

Wow. I see Vesperia in your gamertag, but I question  how far you've played if you'd call Yuri "lame".

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

personally i like Lost Oddessey. Tales is better because it has CO-OP but LO has a better single player experience IMO

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

EaglesEye379 said:
I finished LO and am about 7 hours into ToV.

Both games are equal in quality and its down to taste in 2 areas - turn based or real time combat, anime or more mature looking characters/story. I think LO will be a bit better for older old school FF fans whereas ToV will be better for the anime younger audiences.

Of course this is a big generalisation but its just my honest feeling.

That's my impression as well.

Shadowblind said:
Dark_Rulez89 said:

Wow. I see Vesperia in your gamertag, but I question  how far you've played if you'd call Yuri "lame".

Up to desert part i don't remember excatly where, Since i haven't been playing the game or been on my 360 over a week ago or so...

Dark_Rulez89 said:
Shadowblind said:
Dark_Rulez89 said:

Up to desert part i don't remember excatly where, Since i haven't been playing the game or been on my 360 over a week ago or so...

Hmmm...well in the desert is where Yuri's badassedry continues, though i'm not sure if its the first or second time you reach the desert.

Spoiler:

Remorseless murder.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.