By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It's Time to Settle it Once and For All! Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey?

There is no contest here, Tales of Vesperia is the better game, from what I've played of both. I've finished Tales of Vesperia and I've played the first disc of Lost Oddyssey and I can fairly say that Vesperia is much better.

Around the Network

Tales of Vesperia. I'd honestly say that it's the best game on the 360, too, out of the ones I've played. Lost Odyssey is still fantastic though, it's just that Vesperia is even more extraordinary.

what are the characters and story like in tales? I'm personally getting tired of playing as teenage anime characters, and I like my RPGs a little emotional :P but I don't mind playing as young anime characters if they are charming and/or developed well throughout the game.

They're the best two games on 360, but I liked LO more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lost Odyssey

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Tales of vesperia.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

If you care about gameplay, the main point of games, Vesperia is the better game.

MontanaHatchet said:

If you care about gameplay, the main point of games, Vesperia is the better game.

Hey, not everyone prefer action RPGs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tales of Vesperia is the Best RPG exclusive to the 360!!!

oh wait.. what? its on the PS3??

Tales of Vesperia is the suxxors...

*smashes DVD in 7 pieces.. and than rolls over it with chair..

Burn TOV!! BURN!!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I finished LO and am about 7 hours into ToV.

Both games are equal in quality and its down to taste in 2 areas - turn based or real time combat, anime or more mature looking characters/story. I think LO will be a bit better for older old school FF fans whereas ToV will be better for the anime younger audiences.

Of course this is a big generalisation but its just my honest feeling.