By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the PS3 would have suffered RROD instead of the 360 ...

If the PS3 did not retail at launch for £425 would it have sold better?

if if if if if if if if.

Around the Network

the PS3 would have been MOCKED like crazy by most 360 fans which obviously are OK with the 360 having the RROD. For PS3 it would just be another reason to not buy the crap "$600 system". I don't even want to think about how the press would've slaughtered it.

OT: Probably would've bought it, maybe waited. At least I would be angry as hell if it failed and Sony would have lost their reputation of a solid company. But luckily, they did not rush their product and show they can make some good hardware!

no.
i don't buy low quality products.

To be honest, the quality of the PS1 and PS2 (or lack of quality as the case may be) was a huge factor in my choosing an Xbox 360, first! You can imagine how foolish I felt when the RRoD fiasco came out a few months later and it turned out that the PS3 was better made.

If the Wii hadn't motion controls, would you have still bought the system?
If the DS hadn't touchscreen, would you have still bought the system?
If the X360 had x86 emulation, would you have bought the system?
If you knew Nintendo used Wiis to spy on everyone, would you have still bought the system?

Sorry but these threads are getting old. The answer to your question is pretty clear, anyways.

Around the Network

it wouldnt have happened because sony took its damn time making the console instead of rushing it lol

and one reason i didnt by the 360 is the failure and how much i hate dealing with costomer service representatives so i prob would have got a wii sadly

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

I wouldnt have bought my PS3 if it had the RROD. I didnt buy the 360 because it gets it so much, and I absolutely would NEVER buy the Wii if it had it. The sales for PS3 would have been much lower as well.

haxxiy said:

If the Wii hadn't motion controls, would you have still bought the system?
If the DS hadn't touchscreen, would you have still bought the system?
If the X360 had x86 emulation, would you have bought the system?
If you knew Nintendo used Wiis to spy on everyone, would you have still bought the system?

Sorry but these threads are getting old. The answer to your question is pretty clear, anyways.

If you don't like these threads, why take the time to post? The answer is pretty clear, anyways.

I still would have bought it for the exclusives. However I would have waited a while longer to get it for a cheaper price.

PS3 -- yeah, but not at launch.....probably oon MGS4 launch day.....if by then RROD was gone

see PS3 I have for MGS4, GT5, FF13 & motorstorm impressed me a lot during initial hpye days

Wii -- nope

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey