By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Access Denied. VIP members only.

I am shocked this thread is not closed yet. Talk of blocking ads and the like will get your thread closed, warned or even banned.

Around the Network

Ads that stop you from using the site are possibly the worst idea ever, that's like putting up a sign that tells people not to join.

I understand ad blockers hurt the site but if these ads keep on getting worse then I will be blocking all advertisements and front page flash. Not a good idea for revenue for VGChartz but it's the truth. Actually this is one of the few sites I don't block ads cause I understand the purpose and it helps the site.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

This new ad is extremely annoying and I have experienced it a good 4-6 times within the last couple of days which spanned around 3-4 hours forum time.

Between that ad and the stupid dragon game pop-up at the bottom of the screen.

What happened to us being able to browse the site without first seeing a dragon game pop-up on the main page, followed by a "Will self-destruct in 15 seconds" ad after clicking a link, only to end up with a page killing ad afterwards?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NanakiXI said:
I understand ad blockers hurt the site but if these ads keep on getting worse then I will be blocking all advertisements and front page flash. Not a good idea for revenue for VGChartz but it's the truth. Actually this is one of the few sites I don't block ads cause I understand the purpose and it helps the site.

Interesting. I hate checking this site on my iPod Touch. It usually crashes Safari so I just stick to Firefox.

Around the Network

I just got the ad despite using adblock, bloody annoying.

Yeah, I only saw that once.

jsut refresh the page and it will go away

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

We're aware of this, unfortunately with the holiday it might not get fixed until Monday.

I got it once this morning. It wouldn't be nearly so bad if it had a Close button like any other pop-over ad, but this one takes pains to make it look like the site is actually trying to lock you out, and that Just Isn't Cool.

Someone please find and destroy whatever failcompany is putting up this failad.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.