By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UnReal TaLK 2 *EP 2* Interview with Sir Bansalot, the newbie mod!

Welcome back to Unreal Talk, the second episode of Season 2, once again hosted by me, Kantor! Darthdevidem01 has returned from his first aid course, but I will be continuing to host Unreal Talk until September! Sorry this episode is late, I had some difficulties.

Let's begin with an interview with our very own Sir Bansalot (name used with his permission), MaxwellGT2000!

Contents

1. Interview
  2. Celebrities and Members
  3. Five Word Review
  4. Caption Contest
  5. Unscramble the Game Name
  6. Name the Character
  7. VGChartz Trivia
  8. Final Comments

Interview with MaxwellGT2000

1) How were you promoted to Moderator?

By Brett himself :)

2) Do you think you have been doing a good job?

I believe so, I mean there are fewer trolls, and the usual suspects that like to cause trouble in the forums seem to be watching what they say a bit more, plus I've gotten a few angry replies, you're not doing something right if no one complains about it I always say.

3) How long ago did you become a Contributor, and did you ever think you would become a Moderator?

I became a contributor a litte over a year ago, they needed someone that could write PSP reviews and I was available.  Becoming a moderator was never a goal just kinda happened, but since I do talk a lot on the forums and know the forum members so well for the most part it makes sense.

4) As a moderator, what do you dislike most? (trolling, flaming, etc.)

I'd have to say trolling is the most annoying part, so many people like to mask their trolling, they want to get a reaction out of people and get attention from random people on the internet, and some people really do like coming on these forums and having a civil and somewhat educated debate/discussion about games.  It's the main reason I joined the VGC community.

5) What do you think of VGC 2.0?

I'm enjoying 2.0 a lot, lots of new functions like the user generated news being my favorite.  Between me, elgefe, DKII, Benga, and Brett (sorry if I left anyone out) thats where most of the old news came from, we'd look for big stories on the net, or have them sent to us in an email, but being a working college student I don't have all of the time in the world and I have to balance it out.  It has made being there when a story hit really hard so with user generated news it helps us out a lot since we can't find EVERY big story out there.

6) What are your favourite consoles, and why?

By far my favorite console is the SNES after that probably the SEGA Gen.  As for why, those two consoles were the climax of 2D gaming in general, many awesome games and many of my favorite games come from that generation.

7) What are your favourite games, and why?

My favorite games are probably the Earthbound series, the PS1 Spyro games, FFIV, SSBB, LBP, Zelda (series), and Mario (main installments, no party or sports titles)Earthbound has one of the best stories for any RPG, if you want something that will make you think/cry play Mother 3. Spyro on the PS1 was some of the most fun 3D platforming. FFIV was just so exciting to play it started the active time battle system, and the story twisted & turned, I never got bored. SSBB/LBP is some of the most fun you can have with four friends over at your house.  Finally the Zelda and Mario series have never let me down so it's really just good games that I really enjoy playing.

8) Finally, what do you think of UnReal Talk, darthdevidem01, and myself?

*locks thread bans Darth and Kantor* *shifty eyes* What? No one saw ANYTHING!

Celebrities and Members

Which VGC member reminds you of the following? I have also asked MaxwellGT2000, and will be posting his answers shortly.

Maxwell's answers are in green.

Michael Jackson (RIP)?

Well for me MJ was one of the best performers and entertained me to no end so in that respect it'd have to be RolStoppable.

Gordon Brown?

Don't know much about him, I followed Tony Blair much closer but looking at it from the most basic level he's a leader and the guy that leads VGC is ioi himself

Mega Man?

The best VGC Mega Man Player ClaudeLv250

Kratos?

The only man on this site with more fury then myself, Nazna... MakingMusic476

David Reeves?

Uhm since he lead Sony in Europe, it's a no brainer to pick a big European Sony fan, and that award goes to you Kantor :D

Ten Word Reviews

Flower: Breathtaking, beautiful, simple but effective, great controls, and really relaxing.

WipEout HD: Minutes to learn, years to master. Looks great, plays great.

Guest Review by Outlawaron:

Valkyria Chronicles: Why don't you own this already? It is amazing. Selvaria.

If you have a ten word review, send me a PM, and I will include it in the next episode of UnReal Talk!

Caption Contest

Post “Caption:” and then your caption, and I will include it in the post. I will decide the winner in 24 hours. If you do not post “Caption:” first, your caption will not be included!

Live Update Space:

Squilliam: What a cock tease!

SaviorX: Mission Accomplished!

Axumblade: Early bird gets the worm!

Cactus: Living the American dream!

Unscramble the Game Name

Each word is jumbled, and the words are in a random order. It’s harder than last week, don’t worry!

1. Rspue Srob Rimoa
  2. Senrochlci Ayikvclar
  3. Elpusac Moclisue Giuyho Ontrems
  4. Rthwa Luneshdae

WINNER: SaviorX

ANSWERS:

1) Super Mario Bros.

2) Valkyria Chronicles

3) Yugioh Capsule Monster Coliseum

4) Wrath Unleashed

The first person to get all of them right (not one, not two, ALL OF THEM), will have their name (hyperlinked of course) and avatar displayed in this post!

Name the Character

These get progressively harder. Don't try to look at the URL, I downloaded and rehosted them

1)

WINNER: Supermario128

ANSWER: Mario (duh)

2)

WINNER: Supermario128

ANSWER: Daxter (From the Jak series)

3)

WINNER: Xen

ANSWER: Captain Price (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)

Too easy? Now, a difficult one.

4)

WINNER: MaxwellGT2000

ANSWER: William Redding (Splinter Cell)

You only need to answer one at a time (though you can try for as many as you like), and remember to say what you are responding to!

VGChartz Trivia

This is a new segment! CHANGE OF PLAN: Answer one question at a time. First, question one. So don't bother answering number 2, 3, 4 or 5 until somebody has number 1!

1) Who was first interviewed in UnReal Talk, and what is his real (first) name?

WINNER: RolStoppable

ANSWER: RolStoppable, real name Roland.

2) What member category no longer exists? (Contributor, Moderator etc.)

WINNER: zexen_lowe

ANSWER: Poll Admin (come on, that was easy!)

3) How many games are in the Game Database?

WINNER: Axumblade

ANSWER: 26,696 (roughly)

4) Who is in charge of the Game Database, and what is his real name?

WINNER: zexen_lowe

ANSWER: Nordlead, real name Seth Pinter. His full name was required.

And now, a hard one.

5) Which VGC member has the lowest VG$?

Final Comments:

I hope you’ve all enjoyed the show, and liked me as a host! Remember, UnReal Talk is always open to suggestions from the readers- if there is anything at all you want me to know, send me a message.

If you would like to be interviewed, send me a message saying so, and also mentioning why you think you would make an interesting interviewee.

See you again soon!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I see Mario! Cookie for me?

Edit: 2nd one is Daxter.... :P

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This sounds great.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

supermario128 said:

I see Mario! Cookie for me?

Edit: 2nd one is Daxter.... :P

Better than a cookie! You get profile hits!

Disclaimer: Link in OP may or may not provide extra profile hits. UnReal Talk is a Registered Trademark of the UnReal Corporation.

An interview with the BEST MOD EVER?!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Caption: What a cock tease!

Tease.

Supermario128 is winning, with TWO cookies!

(The first couple are just meant to go to whoever posts them first- everyone knows them)

Kantor said:
Supermario128 is winning, with TWO cookies!

(The first couple are just meant to go to whoever posts them first- everyone knows them)

Hey, I won that fair and square! Not everyone knows who mario is.....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

The third one... Captain Price from CoD: Modern Warfare?

Cool. Waiting on the interview.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.