By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 ever have a game of 10 million in sales or more?

twesterm said:
twingo said:
twesterm said:
twingo said:
CatFangs806 said:
Who says it will be exclusive? San Andreas and 4 were on both the xbox and playstation, as well as the pc.

Are you dense or something, that rockstar "exclusive" has a chance for massive sales if its like GTA aka me saying pretty much a 70s gta.

I'm sorry, but saying the Agent has the possiblity of selling 10 million is about as stupid as saying the Agent has the possibility of not breaking 500k.

We know nothing about the game so it's just stupid to try to predict anything about it.  I honestly don't understand the people that are proclaiming it as the next big thing even though they only know the name, setting, and developer.

Um genius thats why i said if its pretty much a 70s GTA since we don't know anything about it, then it would ahve a chance.  Is that so hard to understand ?

You don't even know if it's a 70's GTA.  You just know it's a 70's game made by the people that did GTA.

And if you want to say well, it's Rockstar, it must be like GTA look at other studios like Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

Ill try to simplify it for you.

IF its like gta then it has a chance if not then NO, wtf is so hard to understand ? other got it why not you.

Around the Network
twingo said:
twesterm said:
twingo said:
twesterm said:
twingo said:
CatFangs806 said:
Who says it will be exclusive? San Andreas and 4 were on both the xbox and playstation, as well as the pc.

Are you dense or something, that rockstar "exclusive" has a chance for massive sales if its like GTA aka me saying pretty much a 70s gta.

I'm sorry, but saying the Agent has the possiblity of selling 10 million is about as stupid as saying the Agent has the possibility of not breaking 500k.

We know nothing about the game so it's just stupid to try to predict anything about it.  I honestly don't understand the people that are proclaiming it as the next big thing even though they only know the name, setting, and developer.

Um genius thats why i said if its pretty much a 70s GTA since we don't know anything about it, then it would ahve a chance.  Is that so hard to understand ?

You don't even know if it's a 70's GTA.  You just know it's a 70's game made by the people that did GTA.

And if you want to say well, it's Rockstar, it must be like GTA look at other studios like Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

IF its like gta then it has a chance if not then NO, wtf is so hard to understand ? other got it why not you.

Fine, lets just assume it is exactly like GTAIV if it makes you happy.

You're saying a completely new unkown IP will nearly double the sales of a huge incredibly well known IP?  It's not going to happen.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
No, I don't think so. A lot of people seem to think that GT5 is going to post PS2-numbers, but I severely doubt it. It'll sell well, but I don't think it'll break 10 million.

I agree.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

In fact, I think not if the PS3 fails to get a massive audience for it's games, it could be the first playstation console not to have a game of 10 million copies or more.

CatFangs806 said:
In fact, I think not if the PS3 fails to get a massive audience for it's games, it could be the first playstation console not to have a game of 10 million copies or more.

That would be the PSP

Around the Network

Oops, my bad. You got me there.

twesterm said:
twingo said:

You're saying a completely new unkown IP will nearly double the sales of a huge incredibly well known IP?  It's not going to happen.

Why not ?

The first GT was a brand spaking new ip and broke 10 million. It does happen, not often but once in a while it does. 

Hey i only see GT5 doing it, no one else but Agent could in theory atleast it has a hell of a dev behind it.

twingo said:
twesterm said:
twingo said:

Why not ?

The first GT was a brand spaking new ip and broke 10 million. It does happen, not often but once in a while it does. 

Hey i only see GT5 doing it, no one else but Agent could in theory atleast it has a hell of a dev behind it.

You can't really count on miracles happening.

I'm just posting here now just to get everyone's attention away from that dumb PS3 Ghostbusters > 360 thread.

It will when the console price falls under 300$