By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 UT and area51 delayed until 08

leo-j said:
Great so now the 2008 lineup is best for sony. 

MGS4, FF XIII, LBP, KZ2, UT3, GTA 4, and INFAMOUS are all Huge for sony. They easily have the biggest line up of 2008 thus far.

All I know for certain is the PES bundle in europe at that price will sell amazingly well.

Just curious, how many PS3 hardware units will be sold when each of those games get released that week?

Around the Network

Wow, Infamous getting hyped already? At least I can understand the fanboys clinging to LittleBigPlanet even if it may never attain the type of success it' already being given, but there was like, what...a 2 minute trailer for Infamous?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Wow, Infamous getting hyped already? At least I can understand the fanboys clinging to LittleBigPlanet even if it may never attain the type of success it' already being given, but there was like, what...a 2 minute trailer for Infamous?

Infamous is being made by steal monkey thats why we know its amazing.

There's 2 huge plus to the PS3 edition being delayed, the 360 version is going to be released even later and I can now afford either COD4 or Kane and Lynch. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ClaudeLv250 said:

I really want to see what LittleBigPlanet does seriously and I want to see what Home does. Its been delayed till Spring 2008. Which I think is questionable. If it turns successful then we will see if the PS3 will have legs. But right now, it doesn't.

your mother said:
ultraslick said:
I am posting this on my PS3 right now, which is nice because the Web browser easily zooms in, unlike a computer could with a normal PC input wire to my tv. Anyways, Wasn't UT3 originally scheduled for the same release date as Haze - that would have been frustrating for me, as I want to get both. Now I will get both since they are being released at seperate times.
For all of you who say, "oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3" than I can only assume that you are poor.
As someone who owns both a PS3 anda 360, I will be getting Mass Effect, (360's remaining holiday lineup IMO)
and Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Haze, Gran Turismo Prologue, (PS3's remaining holiday lineup IMO)
and then the multiplatform games I want (Assassins Creed, NBA2K8, NFS:Pro Street, COD4). These involve making a decision for which system, which is always fun.

"...the Web browser easily zooms in, unlike a computer could with a normal PC input wire to my tv..."

Ever heard of Opera or the latest IE? Both feature full-page zoom. Good thing Sony was sensible enough to at least adopt this feature that has been a staple on PC browsers for years now. I guess that's also why Nintendo chose Opera for its browser because the Wii also easily zooms in and out of web pages.

"For all of you who say, 'oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3' than I can only assume that you are poor."

What??? How is "hurting PS3 sales" and "this was the only game for the PS3" in any way at all remotely associated with poverty???

Sorry, that did seem vague.   When a person says     'oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3' - I think that is so ridiculous given the fact that there are alot of other games to play this holiday season for PS3 that whoever states such nonsense must have a bias against the PS3, and with all of these games coming out the only rationale for not likeing the PS3, is because they do not have the financial ability to buy one, thus they are poor.      I think i realized that leaving it incredibly vague was better because of how trollish it sounds to actually spell it out.

(also I realize that statement doesnt make alot of sense, because people are entitled to their opinion, and someone could not like the PS3 for reasons other than the Price, look at all of america) 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

@w29

The sucess of killzone 2 is what sony needs, hey if it happens..

Dont start acting cocky that the xbox 360 is outselling it. Foot boll is extreemly popular in europe. A cheaper ps3 and that game bundled would explode sales. Easily hitting 100k.

mM

...and with all of these games coming out the only rationale for not likeing the PS3, is because they do not have the financial ability to buy one, thus they are poor.

Can we please drop the entire 'If you dont like the PS3 its because your poor' argument?

Many people have given far more rational reasons for not liking the PS3 than that. For example the fact that it has added blu-ray at great cost for little in the way of function and as it is currently suffering a major drought of AAA titles (So is the Wii may I say, but with SSBB and Mario that will be broken, the PS3 game drought wont break till next year).
Not everyone who dislikes the PS3 dislikes it solely because of the price, just like not everyone who dislikes the 360 dislikes it due to RRoD or the Wii due to its lack of power.

It isn't delayed into next year ...... yet.

Mark Rein said on the UT3 boards that Midway had to let the stockholders know that a delay of the PS3 UT3 could happen b/c now it is getting all the maps the PC version is getting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ultraslick said:
your mother said:
ultraslick said:
I am posting this on my PS3 right now, which is nice because the Web browser easily zooms in, unlike a computer could with a normal PC input wire to my tv. Anyways, Wasn't UT3 originally scheduled for the same release date as Haze - that would have been frustrating for me, as I want to get both. Now I will get both since they are being released at seperate times.
For all of you who say, "oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3" than I can only assume that you are poor.
As someone who owns both a PS3 anda 360, I will be getting Mass Effect, (360's remaining holiday lineup IMO)
and Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Haze, Gran Turismo Prologue, (PS3's remaining holiday lineup IMO)
and then the multiplatform games I want (Assassins Creed, NBA2K8, NFS:Pro Street, COD4). These involve making a decision for which system, which is always fun.

"...the Web browser easily zooms in, unlike a computer could with a normal PC input wire to my tv..."

Ever heard of Opera or the latest IE? Both feature full-page zoom. Good thing Sony was sensible enough to at least adopt this feature that has been a staple on PC browsers for years now. I guess that's also why Nintendo chose Opera for its browser because the Wii also easily zooms in and out of web pages.

"For all of you who say, 'oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3' than I can only assume that you are poor."

What??? How is "hurting PS3 sales" and "this was the only game for the PS3" in any way at all remotely associated with poverty???

Sorry, that did seem vague. When a person says 'oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3' - I think that is so ridiculous given the fact that there are alot of other games to play this holiday season for PS3 that whoever states such nonsense must have a bias against the PS3, and with all of these games coming out the only rationale for not likeing the PS3, is because they do not have the financial ability to buy one, thus they are poor. I think i realized that leaving it incredibly vague was better because of how trollish it sounds to actually spell it out.

(also I realize that statement doesnt make alot of sense, because people are entitled to their opinion, and someone could not like the PS3 for reasons other than the Price, look at all of america)

For me, it's not about the money. I have been checking out the PS3 for a while, but just refuse to buy one at this point, partially because none of the games really appeal to me - yet. In fact, my ISP offered me a PS3 or a 27" LCD for an additional 1$ / month fee (yes, that's not a typo - a buck!) and I refused the PS3 (and the LCD as well, since I already have two at home and really don't need more).

I was considering a 360 Elite, but its horrible reliability record has put me off. Plus, most of the games I'd be interested in playing on the 360 would either be on, or would eventually make its way to, the PC anyhow - Halo included.

Instead, I will plonk down 250$ for a new HTPC case, plus 250$ for two DVB-S cards with CAM so I can finally record satellite TV on one channel while watching another. That, plus the ATI Radeon 2900 Pro can be bought for 270$, so I will buy two cards, crossfire them, and get ready for Crysis, Far Cry 2 and UT3. I also think the HTPC is the perfect compliment to my living room setup, which would make it computer number 8 I have at home (three notebooks, my main gaming rig, my secondary gaming rig, my home server, and my workstation). Oh, and you should see my electricity bill for keeping all but two notebooks running 24/7!

That hardly sounds like an issue of poverty to me, and I think by saying people are poor because they don't buy your console of choice is in itself biased and trolling, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't feel that blanket statements have a place in rational discourse because like yourself said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but blanket statements take opinions and turn it into facts - albeit yours only.

your mother said:
ultraslick said:
your mother said:
ultraslick said:

Sorry, that did seem vague. When a person says 'oooh ouch that hurts PS3 sales, this was the only game for PS3' - I think that is so ridiculous given the fact that there are alot of other games to play this holiday season for PS3 that whoever states such nonsense must have a bias against the PS3, and with all of these games coming out the only rationale for not likeing the PS3, is because they do not have the financial ability to buy one, thus they are poor. I think i realized that leaving it incredibly vague was better because of how trollish it sounds to actually spell it out.

For me, it's not about the money. I have been checking out the PS3 for a while, but just refuse to buy one at this point, partially because none of the games really appeal to me - yet. In fact, my ISP offered me a PS3 or a 27" LCD for an additional 1$ / month fee (yes, that's not a typo - a buck!) and I refused the PS3 (and the LCD as well, since I already have two at home and really don't need more).

I was considering a 360 Elite, but its horrible reliability record has put me off. Plus, most of the games I'd be interested in playing on the 360 would either be on, or would eventually make its way to, the PC anyhow - Halo included.

Instead, I will plonk down 250$ for a new HTPC case, plus 250$ for two DVB-S cards with CAM so I can finally record satellite TV on one channel while watching another. That, plus the ATI Radeon 2900 Pro can be bought for 270$, so I will buy two cards, crossfire them, and get ready for Crysis, Far Cry 2 and UT3. I also think the HTPC is the perfect compliment to my living room setup, which would make it computer number 8 I have at home (three notebooks, my main gaming rig, my secondary gaming rig, my home server, and my workstation). Oh, and you should see my electricity bill for keeping all but two notebooks running 24/7!

That hardly sounds like an issue of poverty to me, and I think by saying people are poor because they don't buy your console of choice is in itself biased and trolling, but you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't feel that blanket statements have a place in rational discourse because like yourself said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but blanket statements take opinions and turn it into facts - albeit yours only.

Can you please give me a source saying the Xbox 360 Elite and I said Elite has bad reliability?