By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 UT and area51 delayed until 08

Anyway, I wonder when the 360 version will come out...holiday '08?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

It depends on how long the contract with Sony was for.

I cant see it being as late as holiday 08, maybe summer?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

To get this back on topic. Mark Rein's statement from the UT forums in full:

"As a public company, Midway felt an obligation to its shareholders to let them know about the possibility of a delay. But our goal is still to get the PS3 version of UT3 in stores before the end of 2007. However, we will only ship it once it’s ready and is the best game we can deliver. The PC version is still on track for a November release."

"Yes, there is a chance it will come out in December.

In addition there is some good news as well. A little extra time in development means that now the PS3 version will have all of the same maps as the PC version which wasn’t previously expected to be the case."

So PS3 version may be delayed but will have the exact same content is the PC version.

Nice, all the maps are back, that's a definite plus.

See? A silver lining.

And it could only be a few weeks of delay, too.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

w00t! And i was beginning yo worry :)

They just want to make sure it runs perfectly as they had previously mentioned it is a showcase of the unreal engine on the PS3. If they get it right the first time you will see many PS3 games based on the unreal engine stop being delayed and running smooth as silk. There are so many games to choose from this holiday I think is best to make sure they can put out the best Unreal 3 they can even if it means a slight delay.

So first they said that some maps wouldn't be on the PS3 due to insufficient resources on the PS3, and now they say that they will be there? :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

That's huge news in my eyes - UT3 was the biggest PS3 title to hit this Xmas!

And now that the PC version hits first (as it probably should), most real fans of the game will grab the PC version.

PS3 lineup = Haze, Uncharted, Prologue & R&C??

(pretty certain Sony will announce something huge in 10 days software-wise anyway)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm glad the game is being delayed for extra time can be put towards the game to make it perfect. The extra maps are really great news, looks like Sony sent some guys over to help epic get the most out of the PS3. I would also like to say that it has also been shown that the PS3 version runs the game the same as a Graphics card that cost the same as the PS3. Hows that for making the PS3 version great.

As shams pointed out their are many other games coming out for the system that will sell very well, Haze, Uncharted, Prologue & R&C. Plus non exclusive games like CoD4, and many others.