By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Zelda to *not* be "radically different"

melbye said:
Good, we have seen enough franchises being turn into something they should not be this generation

Look at Banjo- trash.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

c'mon miyamoto, grow a pair!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Imagine Link with a big gold L hanging on his chest plus a gold tooth, while standing next to his horse painted with racing stripes.

Mr. L pity the foo' who touch his horse.

I think it does need to be radically different. Twilight Princess should be the last game they make in the vein of OoT. I would like to as many as possible of the following added in the next iteration:

Steam Punk or Darker Medieval Artstyle or go the other direction and make it a painting or Cell Shaded like Okami/Wind Waker
Voice Acting for everyone but Link
Orchestral Music
Wii Motion +
Larger World on the Scale of Everquest or WoW
Ability to actually go into every building and have a more living world like Oblivion but I don't want a Western RPG... It should still be scripted...
Much more complex story (Waring Nations/Intrigue, Romance, etc.)
No More Ganon (He's played out)
No More retarded Mail Man or Tingle
They don't need to make a game with a gimick (ie flooded world, light/dark world etc.) for it to be a good game, just make it have an epic story and great gameplay and that is all I need.

If Nintendo can't do this, they need to give it to someone who can, because despite me still loving Zelda games like Okami and the Team Ico games a so impressive that they are making Zelda lose its lustre in my eyes.. This is all IMO of course...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

silentmac said:

I think it does need to be radically different. Twilight Princess should be the last game they make in the vein of OoT. I would like to as many as possible of the following added in the next iteration:

Steam Punk or Darker Medieval Artstyle or go the other direction and make it a painting or Cell Shaded like Okami/Wind Waker
Orchestral Music
Wii Motion +
Ability to actually go into every building and have a more living world like Oblivion but I don't want a Western RPG... It should still be scripted...
They don't need to make a game with a gimick (ie flooded world, light/dark world etc.) for it to be a good game, just make it have an epic story and great gameplay and that is all I need.

If Nintendo can't do this, they need to give it to someone who can, because despite me still loving Zelda games like Okami and the Team Ico games a so impressive that they are making Zelda lose its lustre in my eyes.. This is all IMO of course...

I pray your ideas never come within a country mile of anyone Nintendo related.

Around the Network
silentmac said:

I don't see why this is necessary. A big part of Zelda is the great atmosphere the style it has lends to the series.

I have no idea why everyone is so sold on voice acting. I'd be pretty annoyed if they had voice acting in Zelda, even if it wasn't for Link.

Orchestral Music
Yeah.

Wii Motion +
Yeah.

Don't be ridiculous.

Romance? Get the fuck out. If Nintendo tried to force this kind of stuff in I'd vomit. Let stuff come naturally. As for going into every building, sure, why not, but let me ask, why?

Leave. Now.

I liked them, but I can see why some people might not.

The stuff you listed sounded more like gimmicks than the stuff they're doing now, honestly.

The bottom line here is that I'm incredibly happy you aren't in charge of the Zelda series.

silentmac said:

Orchestral Music
Wii Motion +

I fail to see how you can claim that TP should be the last game in the vain of OoT and then proceed to create a list in which most of the things listed are just the next logical step while keeping the series in the style of OoT. It's obvious that they wish to retain elements of previous Zelda's in oder to keep it a 'Zelda game' but if they do make great changes to the interface then most of your claims could be renderd redundant. I just find it ironic that you claim the next entry in the series should be radically different and make a list of request only realistically possible if they keep the gameplay the same.

I'll be satisfied if they follow the "basic formula + unique gimmick" style in making new Zelda games.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

@Words of Wisdom,  and Majin-Tenshinha

So you actually want to play the same game over and over?

I'm pretty sure that at Aonuma has been wanting to do a deeper story for a while but Miyamoto shot it down...

What it comes down to mainly is I think Zelda needs a deeper story and much larger scale because otherwise some other games are on the edge of surpassing it IMO...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

this is great news guys, i really was scared of miyamoto's 'last zelda of its kind' quote after TP was made. but really, we know the series is in good hands.