By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the rumors are true, Sony will comeback

If the rumors of a Ps3 slim and price cut in the near future are true, the Ps3 will make the biggest comeback in video game history.

I cant even count the amount of times I've read or heard someone say "I want a Ps3 but I'm waiting for a price cut". I believe that is the general thinking amongst casual gamers who had a Ps2 but weren't willing (or able) to dish out $400-$600 for the Ps3. Some ppl refuse to pay even $400 out of principle for a console that's almost 3 years old, but $300 is acceptable and "normal" for a console price in America. If there is a price cut there is no doubt in my mind that Ps3's will be selling like hotcakes and lying off the shelves this holiday season similar to the Wii a couple years ago.

Backwards capability. Yes. Finally. They're bringing it back. This is great news and will only add more momentum to Sonys come back as the Ps2 is the most popular console of all time and people will still want the option of playing their Ps2 games on Ps3.

PSN update 3.0 / PS Cloud... some huge rumors with decent evidence backing these. Sony finally adding cross game chat. Sony adding Cloud as a Facebook or Twitter type of social application. Sony making Home and PSN Store more visible on the start up menu. If this update is as huge as the rumors suggest, PSN will be equal or better than XBL which is a slap in the face to MS considering PSN is FREE. 

Now look at games - Ps3's biggest possible exclusive franchises are Gran Turismo, God of War, and Uncharted.... All potential AAA games... and they are all coming out right after the price drop. Fans will have good reason to go to the store and buy a Ps3.

No matter what MS does, if the Ps3 drops to $300 this year, Ps3 will outsell the 360 and never look back. Ps3 will have a monster holiday season and eventually surpass 360 in 2010 or early 2011.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

EDIT: I wanted to add that theres never been a major problem with the Ps3 system, the only problem (sales wise) has been the huge price tag.

Once that price tag drops, Ps3 will reign supreme.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Some people don't realise that the PS3 is currently priced the same as the 360 was when it launched in 2005. EVERYONE is going to get a PS3 when this price drop hits.

Trey 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz

It will be amazing to go from third place to 3rd place.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
It will be amazing to go from third place to 3rd place.

Hmmm very insightful lord psrock...

Former something....

Around the Network

Them Microsoft will make a slim 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

If the rumors are true

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Some people don't realize that the economy and the video game market are not like they were in 2005.

A slim BcPS3? I might get a new one, cause my has no Bc.
Hotcakes, just like hotcakes.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It will go from 3rd to 2nd... with a slight chance of 1st.

If it stays at $400, then it will always be 3rd. That extra $100 is nothing to me, but it makes a world of difference to casual gamers.