By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the rumors are true, Sony will comeback

I think a lot of casual gamers who had a PS2 but were unwilling to shell out for a PS3 have already moved on to Xbox 360 if they really have wanted to move on to HD gaming.  Simply because as a casual gamer you want access to a wide catalog at a reasonable price.  And for those who have not its widely believed Microsoft will match any Sony price cuts to keep it that way.  A truly casual gamer is not likely to have an Xbox 360 and a PS3.  And ones still on a PS2 only are probably so price sensitive that a price cut on Xbox 360 will likely be more attractive to them than a price cut for PS3.  Also casual gamers are more concerned with a bigger catalog rather than specific AAA titles and they are more swayed by the general media, which has reported widely for years now that PS3 is #3.  

So I'd like you to be right, more competition is better, I prefer Sony as a company in general, but I don't think that you are.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

Around the Network

If everyone that already wants an xbox360 has one then why is it outselling the ps3 all the time?

Wii can cut the price a lot more and believe me that it will have effect. You're a fool if you think ps3 can close the 30 million gap between the wii...

infamous8 said:
psrock said:
infamous8 said:
It will go from 3rd to 2nd... with a slight chance of 1st.

If it stays at $400, then it will always be 3rd. That extra $100 is nothing to me, but it makes a world of difference to casual gamers.

seriously, please stop!

All MS has to do is lower their price too, and bring out their own slim version. And forget about the Wii dude, it's in its own world.

FAIL.

MS already released there cheaper downgraded version. It's called Xbox 360 Arcade. It's only $200.

Anyone who ever wanted a 360 already has one. Whereas people who have wanted a Ps3 have always had a huge obstacle with those hefty price tags.

My friend who is a PS3 fanboy wants a 360 just for left4dead,and its only $200 but he dosent have one,so the 360 can get more cheaper.

RolStoppable said:
People want to buy a PS3, but the current high price tag is putting them off.

do you want to buy a ps3?

It´s great that Sony makes a comeback, but people are reading to much on it.
Don´t expect that, because it cuts the price, people will automaticaly run and buy one.
Don´t think that the 360 is just a sad excuse for the people that don´t have money to buy a PS3.
I expect that, if they do indeed cut the price, the PS3 will sell like no tomorrow for the 1st month or so, due to the people that want one, but then it will stop and be on par with the 360.
If you think otherwise, you´re kidding yourself, by either giving too much credit to Sony or not giving none to Microsoft.

And actually believing that it will surpass the 360 by 2010 or 2011 is just ridiculous.
There is 8 million between the 360 and the PS3, so, are you really expecting the 360 just to stop selling all of a sudden?
What about the Wii?
Like i said, it´s great if Sony does make a comeback, but don´t overract

Around the Network
infamous8 said:
psrock said:
infamous8 said:

If it stays at $400, then it will always be 3rd. That extra $100 is nothing to me, but it makes a world of difference to casual gamers.

seriously, please stop!

All MS has to do is lower their price too, and bring out their own slim version. And forget about the Wii dude, it's in its own world.

FAIL.

MS already released there cheaper downgraded version. It's called Xbox 360 Arcade. It's only $200.

Anyone who ever wanted a 360 already has one. Whereas people who have wanted a Ps3 have always had a huge obstacle with those hefty price tags.

ironic you are the one that use the word FAIL first.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
infamous8 said:
psrock said:
infamous8 said:

seriously, please stop!

FAIL.

Hey PSrock I'll trade you a 360 arcade for your PS3 you down?

if the rumors are true...the only thing i see wrong with this arguement is the big if in the beginning. we have heard lots of rumors come and go this gen. some dismissed as false some proven to be true. this may end up being just another one of those falsely over hyped rumors.

now let me get to the what if its true. yeah sure i believe a $100 price cut and a slim model would not any thrust the ps3 ahead this holiday but give it momentum to outsell the 360 the rest of the holiday, but not just because its price cut and new slim design. but because of its amazing 1st/2nd party games as well.

Steroid said:
psrock said:
infamous8 said:
psrock said:
infamous8 said:

seriously, please stop!

FAIL.

Hey PSrock I'll trade you a 360 arcade for your PS3 you down?

I bought my PS3 for $400 dollars, because i wanted it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

So... the opposition can't cut their prices too?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!