By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sequels with the highest increase in sales?

MontanaHatchet said:
DirtyP2002 said:

@montana

stop being a bean-counter. You know what he was trying to say, evrybody knew it, but you felt like

@ topic

Fable II already past Fable.
Project Gotham Racing 4 > PGR3
Ninja Gaiden II probably outsold Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox
Guitar Hero III outsold Guitar Hero II
Madden 08 outsold Madden 07 (probably same for Fifa / NBA etc)
Tomb Raider Underworld outsold Tomb Raider Legend (X360)
FarCry 2 outsold FarCry

Pretty immature of you. Sorry, I should have read the thread more carefully. I missed the part where he said that I can't list games on Nintendo platforms. It's more like "list games on HD platforms that sold more than their predecessor, even though they've only been out for a couple years."

I shouldn't have to bend down to some ridiculous qualifications because the OP doesn't like it. Of course a larger userbase means more sales for a game, big freakin' deal. That's a given. Shouldn't change a thing though, and successing console comparisons should be allowed.

Im with Montana on this one.  GTA3 came out the user base was never same as when GTA San An came out.  OP just making up rules to... i dunno, make himself look like a tit.

Sequels ALWAYS come out to a bigger user base if its on the same console

Around the Network

Montana is right...

Games sell consoles and if people really wanted to play the game, they would have bought the console. This thread is pointless.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

yea, I say ignore the OP rules. Your Fallout 3 to old Fallouts example is also stupid. You have no sales data for the first two, and the third didn't even sell well on the PC so what makes you automatically believe it was a big improvement?

Relative increase, or increase in solid numbers?

If relative, I guess GTA III (as previously mentioned) takes the victory. (With 1M+ sales originally only)

If in solid numbers, it's Mario Kart Wii if you include the Wii.

If you don't include Wii, but include DS, it is probably Mario Kart DS, as it should sell more and slightly outedge how much GTA III beat GTA II with.

Edit: Nevermind! I found the winner.

Tetris on NES: 5.58M

Tetris on GB: 30.26M

(NES) super mario bros 2: 7.46 mil
(NES) super mario bros 3: 17.28 mil

uhh... does that fit the criteria? :P

edit: you cant just not include every sequel that happens to launch on a new console that has a larger install base.... Every single sequel that launches on the SAME console will always launch to a larger user base then the previous iteration... You will never get a perfectly fair comparison

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
Pineapple said:

Relative increase, or increase in solid numbers?

If relative, I guess GTA III (as previously mentioned) takes the victory. (With 1M+ sales originally only)

If in solid numbers, it's Mario Kart Wii if you include the Wii.

If you don't include Wii, but include DS, it is probably Mario Kart DS, as it should sell more and slightly outedge how much GTA III beat GTA II with.

Edit: Nevermind! I found the winner.

Tetris on NES: 5.58M

Tetris on GB: 30.26M

Actually GTA II sold about 3.6m

Gran Turismo 3 sold 5.5 million more than Gran Turismo 2.

GTA3 sold a whopping 8.18 million more than GTA2.

We don't have exact numbers for the Nintendo Final Fantasy games, but FF7 sold at least 6.5 million more than FF6.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I just found the real winner :)
Mario Bros. (NES) 2.28 m
Super Mario Bros. (NES) 40.24 m

It wins both relative difference with 1764.9% and absolute with 37.96 million copies :o

/thread