By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Discussion Thread

Well well. Its already sold past over half of all Guilty Gears LTD.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I don't think it's sold that much guys. If everyone is going on vgchartz numbers this is not a number from any regional tracking source. It's just a very educated guesstimation from probably over a hundred kind of anecdotal, kinda circumstancial sources.

Remember, vgchartz has the most trouble tracking (or predicting) low selling and niche games. I predict they'll adjust these numbers. I mean outlawauron said there were about 22-23k on the leaderboards and vgchartz is reporting about 92k sold on ps3. I don't believe that on ps3 where everyone is basically online out of the box, only about 25% of BlazBlue owners have gone online and played a ranked match? Sounds off to me.

Same goes for 360. On 360 to a less extent because not everyone has a gold subscription but idk if 56k people that aren't gold subscribers would purchase blazblue without the intention of buying a gold subcription very very soon there after.

dcIKeeL said:
I don't think it's sold that much guys. If everyone is going on vgchartz numbers this is not a number from any regional tracking source. It's just a very educated guesstimation from probably over a hundred kind of anecdotal, kinda circumstancial sources.

Remember, vgchartz has the most trouble tracking (or predicting) low selling and niche games. I predict they'll adjust these numbers. I mean outlawauron said there were about 22-23k on the leaderboards and vgchartz is reporting about 92k sold on ps3. I don't believe that on ps3 where everyone is basically online out of the box, only about 25% of BlazBlue owners have gone online and played a ranked match? Sounds off to me.

Same goes for 360. On 360 to a less extent because not everyone has a gold subscription but idk if 56k people that aren't gold subscribers would purchase blazblue without the intention of buying a gold subcription very very soon there after.

Well, you have to consider many factors rather than just a raw userbase. Japanese players are far less likely to play an online, due to online console gaming that still hasn't taken off there. So we can't expect many at all to play from there. (Whenever Warhawk released in Japan over PSN only, it sold 8,000 first week making it the most downloaded item on the PSN store. That's terrible)

I wouldn't be surprised if half hadn't played it online. We'll see what's up.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

^^Well I mean, I suppose. I still think the numbers are way off but maybe not as off as it seems.

I didn't know japanese online gaming hadn't taken off??? That's so weird. The Japanese are more technologically advanced because they have no real national army so they dump all their money on tecnology. They have new wireless services sometimes years before we do.

Shouldn't they be on like some superband online connection? I imagined broadband was like the common cold by now in japan, everybody has already got it.

dcIKeeL said:
^^Well I mean, I suppose. I still think the numbers are way off but maybe not as off as it seems.

I didn't know japanese online gaming hadn't taken off??? That's so weird. The Japanese are more technologically advanced because they have no real national army so they dump all their money on tecnology. They have new wireless services sometimes years before we do.

Shouldn't they be on like some superband online connection? I imagined broadband was like the common cold by now in japan, everybody has already got it.

Just because you have broadband doesn't make you buy and play more things online.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Japan...truly the twilight zone, lol.

*goes to play Melty Blood to practice until his copy gets here* :D

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Well I just beat story mode (don't worry, no spoilers), and it was really cool. I need to go back and replay a couple parts, because I'm still a little confused. I get the gist of what was going on and what happened, but details are fuzzy. I missed the "true endings" of a couple of characters that seem key, like Haku-men and Rachel. Haku-men's true identity was certainly a surprise though, but also a bit confusing. And the over all ending does deserve the trophy called "Dun dun DUNNN". It really just sets it up as "wow, awesome, what's going to happen now?"

It's pretty clear who will be new characters in the next Blazblue. I doubt it will be a full on sequel, because few fighting games operate that way, it will probably be "BlazBlue Turbo X Calamity Awesome Megamix edition" or some such. It will probably have Terumi, Jubei, and maybe Tsubaki as playable characters whatever it is. I really wish they would just have a Downloadable story expansion pack or something, because the story is really cool and I want more of it. With the character design, soundtrack, and story this could've just as easily have been an RPG.

I love this game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Well I just beat story mode (don't worry, no spoilers), and it was really cool. I need to go back and replay a couple parts, because I'm still a little confused. I get the gist of what was going on and what happened, but details are fuzzy. I missed the "true endings" of a couple of characters that seem key, like Haku-men and Rachel. Haku-men's true identity was certainly a surprise though, but also a bit confusing. And the over all ending does deserve the trophy called "Dun dun DUNNN". It really just sets it up as "wow, awesome, what's going to happen now?"

It's pretty clear who will be new characters in the next Blazblue. I doubt it will be a full on sequel, because few fighting games operate that way, it will probably be "BlazBlue Turbo X Calamity Awesome Megamix edition" or some such. It will probably have Terumi, Jubei, and maybe Tsubaki as playable characters whatever it is. I really wish they would just have a Downloadable story expansion pack or something, because the story is really cool and I want more of it. With the character design, soundtrack, and story this could've just as easily have been an RPG.

I love this game.

It better be a true sequel. They left the storyline on a CLIFFHANGER?!

Uncool, Arc Systems.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Sweet. I totally used Ragna's Astral Heat in a ranked match for a trophy. I was crazy lucky that I was able to pull it off, and I bet the guy I was fighting didn't see that coming. Now that I've got that trophy I will never ever try to finish a match with an astral heat again. It's just way too much trouble, but it is an awesome way to say "SUCK IT" at the end of a match.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.