By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Discussion Thread

Now all I need to do is play 106 Ranked Matches and the 126 Player Matches and I should get my first Platinum Trophy.

Unless there are three people out there that want to friend me and play Little Big Planet since I am missing two easy ones.

Around the Network
dcIKeeL said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Wow, IGN is having a SFIV vs BlazBlue "grudge match", and in the reader votes Blazblue is raping SFIV. Blazblue has 45% of the vote to 31% of SFIV, 22% haven't decided yet. I think this game has a shot at really getting popular, more so than Guilty Gear ever did. Which while GG was a fine fighting game in it's own right, it was always very niche. Blazblue could be an actual popular hit. And I hope it is, this game deserves it.

I completely agree. I own SF4 and I really like it but BlazBlue in my opinion is truly one of the great fighters for the ages. It's such a dynamic game. There is no question this game is hardcore through and through. However, it is also very accessible, very easy to pick up while at the same time being difficult to master. In a sense it has the best of both worlds. Then there's it's unique qualities. Yes it's very anime which might turn the mainstream gamers off, but the story is deep for a fighter. The story isn't just sitting somewhere in an obscure corner of the game, it's front and center. The characters are also very appealing and all very unique.

Idk if BlazBlue could become mainstream but I believe it does have a shot and it certainly deserves to be there. However, I am nearly certain that this game will if anything build a name or a brand of BlazBlue and it has already built a strong following. This will catapult the sequel (if there ever is one) to enjoy the mainstream success fighters like SF and SC have enjoyed.

Lastly, if BlazBlue (or any future iteration) ever does become a major hit, because it's a completely new fighter IP, it might be able to return fighters to their former glory. BlazBlue's success would put the spotlight on fighters and encourage developers to be willing to take risks, and throwing around some new ideas for fighters instead of reverting to sequel after remake after sequel of age old IPs. We the gamers will be all ears.

No suprises here BlazBlue is clearly better game than SF IV especially when it comes to variety of characters , story mode, accesibility to new players and lag free online (i get less lag playing BB which has majority of userbase 10000km away than SF which has thousands of people playing in EU).

Also i belive such minimal diffrence in PS3 vs X360 sales comes from lack of supply i see a lot of people in europe asking on forums when can they buy it. Considering a lot of them will choose asian version due to lack of us one in shops this will probably enjoy much better sales on ps3 than will be shown in VGC which doesn't track asia.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I want to plaaay

Any tips on punishing Nu with Bang?

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

I also have Hakumen and Nu's story left.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Man my sub still says Ragna even though I accidentally picked him once and then I played as Rachel for like 30-40 matches dang Aksys update the thing.

I've got about 50-ish ranked matches left til my first Platinum... and it's starting to get on my nerves.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

Main Nu if you want to annoy people.

And by annoy I mean beat everybody that doesn't know what they're doing as long as you are semi-competent with Nu drive combos.

outlawauron said:

Hmm ?

Are there some hidden story modes ? Becouse i see only 10 and Nu+Hakumen are only ones without them.

Or do you mean arcade mode ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
outlawauron said:

Hmm ?

Are there some hidden story modes ? Becouse i see only 10 and Nu+Hakumen are only ones without them.

Or do you mean arcade mode ?

They unlock (as well as the "true" story mode) by the time you obtain the true story endings for every availible character.