By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst RPG storyline ever

lestatdark said:
So you think that the struggle that Ashe goes through in being a Queen torn from her country, with her heart broken from her husband's and father death, which no FF ever explored, wasn't a breath of fresh air? Also the Basch/Gabranth history was also really well though off and written. Hell even Vaan and penelo had better stories than Tidus, which is the worst story in any FF IMO

Vaan and Penelo had no story. Tidus was actually a good character with a bad voice acter. The twist about him was actually very surprising and i enjoyed his love story with Yuna. FFX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF12.

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
Chrono Cross
Eternal Sonata
Grandia 3
Persona 3
FF 8
Ff 12
Blue Dragon
Infinite Undiscovery
Kingdom Hearts 2
Tales of Abyss

Woah there I call BS here as those games have a decent story line at least, compared to some of the others that were listed (Eternal Sonata for one. If you think the Game's ending was confusing, you should read the manga as it's far more confusing). However you are entitled to your opinion. Anyways, (if it counts as an RPG) Megaman Starforce has a pretty crap storyline and Megaman BN 4 & 5 also fit the bill (Especially 4) and the battling in Starforce isn't any better either with its battle system either. Tales of Phantasia (GBA version) also sucked.

@G-Value

Spoiler

What twist? The game pratically gives it away with him being a dream of the Fayth, the hints and clues are so evident that it didn't surprise me at all, as well as he going away at the end, it just was the logic thing to happen, since the dream of the Fayth of Zanarkand had no more reason to be once Yu Yevon had been destroyed.

End spoiler.

Vaan and penelo had a story, the problem with their story was that it was linked to the stories of the rebellion of Rabanastre and the search of the truth behind the murder of the king of Rabanastre, the whole Basch/Gabranth case. It could have been better explored or explained, but it was there, I never did say that it was a good story :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@G-Value

Spoiler

What twist? The game pratically gives it away with him being a dream of the Fayth, the hints and clues are so evident that it didn't surprise me at all, as well as he going away at the end, it just was the logic thing to happen, since the dream of the Fayth of Zanarkand had no more reason to be once Yu Yevon had been destroyed.

End spoiler.

Vaan and penelo had a story, the problem with their story was that it was linked to the stories of the rebellion of Rabanastre and the search of the truth behind the murder of the king of Rabanastre, the whole Basch/Gabranth case. It could have been better explored or explained, but it was there, I never did say that it was a good story :P

I must be an idiot then because when I played the game, it seemed like a suprising plot twist to me.

I'm not saying that, it's just that to me it wasn't that surprising. I understand that it felt surprising to you, my girlfriend played FFX at the same time I did, and i was trying not to spoil it away to her, she felt very surprised in that part before Zanarkand, and the ending left her in tears, but I didn't feel any element of surprise in that aspect of the plot. The part that really felt surprising to me was the Yunalesca fight, since you play the entire game, almost accepting the fact that Yuna is going to die, then you get to that fight and you're left with a feeling of "Oh shit, what did we just do?"

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Riachu said:
lestatdark said:
@G-Value

Spoiler

End spoiler.

You must be perceptive because when I played the game, it seemed like a suprising plot twist to me.

FIXED. Just because someone can spot clues and come to a conclusion before the author reveals it, does not make them an idiot. However just because a twist is obvious to one person does not mean it isn't any less of a twist. The best twist are hinted at but not given away.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

lestatdark said:
@G-Value

Spoiler

End spoiler.

That plot twsit surprised me. FFX is so much better then FF12 its not even funny.

I just don't feel that way, to me FFXII is tied with FFVII for my second favourite FF of all time, I really really liked the game and it really felt like a breath of fresh air on the series. I know i'm a bit alone here in this issue, it seems that FFXII garners more hate than love from most of the fans.

Current PC Build

g-value said:
Beoulve said:
outlawauron said:
Beoulve said:
@ Seraphic_Sixaxis

I see that you have Infinite Undiscovery as well. Is SO4 really worse than that pile of shite?!!

IU is better than Star Ocean. I liked it a lot more.

Wow, that's an impressive feat. Star Ocean 4's story must be an EPIC FAIL. Well, at least SO4 has better gameplay, right?!!

Yeah SO4 has a better combat system then IU though i find IU's combat system to be really fun. You should just get Tales of Vesperia if you want a really great rpg.

Well said G.

As far as SO4's story goes, yes SO4's failz.

IU's is cliche, but the good kind.

The battle System between the two i prefer SO4's because i view IU's Battle System the mutant child of FF12 and Phantasy Star Portable, with that said the Art-Style of IU FAR Surpass that of both SO4 and ToV thats for certain!

SO4
Infinite Undiscovery
Cross Edge
Xenosaga