By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie to leave Microsoft?

I don't believe it because it's like with rare I suppose that some people might leave bungie and work for another company but that doesn't mean they couldn't make games for the Ds like mistwalker did with BD and ASH.

Microsoft Game Studios (MGS), branded with current logo and moniker in 2002 (formerly the Microsoft Game Division or Microsoft Games), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corp. which develops and publishes video games for Windows-based PCs and the Xbox and Xbox 360 video game consoles. MGS publishes games for several Microsoft-owned first-party developers, including Bungie Studios and Rare Ltd.. MGS also publishes games created by third-party developers, such as Bioware and Bizarre Creations.

[

Around the Network

That is entirely possible. Sounds like bungie just wants autonomy from the Microsoft machine. I'm sure they will still be owned by Microsoft. It will just be a 2nd party exclusive developer that doesn't want all the hype around them anymore.

They need to get rid of Shane Kim and some others at Microsoft Game Studios and allow these developers to work on what they want.

You might as well not have a link if it's wikipedia. Not saying its wrong but i hate it when people quote wik. If anything is true on wik it will have a source at the bottom of the page, that is what you should quote.

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

FWIW I asked someone who works at MS to see if the Bungie folks still show up in the global address book, and they are still showing up

Around the Network
TheGza said:
You might as well not have a link if it's wikipedia. Not saying its wrong but i hate it when people quote wik. If anything is true on wik it will have a source at the bottom of the page, that is what you should quote.

Are you referring to my quote? I don't believe there is a"source" for the information I provided (Click the link to discover this for yourself), which is much more like common knowledge than a debatable point. I was only supplying the information to Leo-J so he could understand the difference between 2nd and 3rd party, not to add fuel or fire to this debate.

lol since when a company decides to leave the holding like that ????
that's the funiest stuff I've ever heard.... it's like if a 6 years old kid was saying i'm leaving the house to live my life... it's about as probable and legal than that.... now that MS let bungie do other platform games to make money that's very possible.....

I would love this if it were true, mostly because I want to see Bungie do something creative for the first time in five years or so. But I doubt this rumour is true. Bungie is too big a feather in MS's cap for them to let Bungie go. They'll probably offer Bungie whatever they want to keep them on.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Isn't there a rumor thread?

To Each Man, Responsibility

I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't doubt it if Bungie is feeling their oats right now.

What would MS do if it were true? Hand over Halo to Epic or another third-party studio, or keep it in in-house (which would probably be a disaster for the franchise)?