By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie to leave Microsoft?

Hard to say but everytime the 360 has good news something happens to ruin it.

Around the Network

Hmm, there's definitely something fishy going on. Between the no comment we got earlier and this story over at Kotaku there's something going on, just don't know (for sure) what yet.

Sqrl said:
Isn't there a rumor thread?

Perhaps there is but it's a horrible idea to have one rumor thread for every rumor. Why would I check a 10 page thread with 20 different conversations just to see if any new and interesting rumors have popped up?

I'm not saying this to be an ass or anything, but I'm not sure if that even really matters much at this day and age lol. Theres so many console shooters that I'd MUCH rather play than halo at this point in my life that bungie doing anything non-ms would make them just another drop in a decently large bucket. Like if this rumor surfaced around the time of the first one? I might be a bit more interested, but as it stands now I simply could care more.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

As much as I'd like to believe it, since I loved Bungie's games pre-MS, I highly, HIGHLY doubt MS would just let them go.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Never heard of an entity owned by a company breaking off and doing their own thing. Microsoft blunked down 50 million to purchase Bungie. This retarded rumor is like saying that Cadillac is going to leave General Motors and produce cars for all the major automakers; Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Hard to say but everytime the 360 has good news something happens to ruin it.

I wouldn't say this would ruin anything, it just means that Bungie would move on to creating new games, more creative freedom, and for more or different consoles.

And for you people calling this rumor retarded, just look at Bungie's reactions.  The people I've talked to and other people have talked to have all been pretty fishy.  I'll be waiting to see what happens on the 6th. 

No way, Ms would never let their top name make games for their competitors.

If push comes to shove they would flat out buy them out.

*opens closet to reveal shrine surrounding a G3 powermac* Looks like the rituals worked after all. Bring on the MYTH 4!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Engelos said:
No way, Ms would never let their top name make games for their competitors.

If push comes to shove they would flat out buy them out.

Bungie is already a wholly-owned subsidiary of MS.

There are ways for those to be spun off, but I'm racking my brain trying to find a scenario that MS would actually agree to.

twesterm said:

Hmm, there's definitely something fishy going on. Between the no comment we got earlier and this story over at Kotaku there's something going on, just don't know (for sure) what yet.

Sqrl said:
Isn't there a rumor thread?

Perhaps there is but it's a horrible idea to have one rumor thread for every rumor. Why would I check a 10 page thread with 20 different conversations just to see if any new and interesting rumors have popped up?

Good point...but how about a Rumor Section in the Forum?

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"