By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews BlazBlue - 9.4

Closing Comments
Honestly, there's no way I could describe everything I love about BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger because I would be writing a novella. All you need to know is that this has become one of my favorite fighters of all time and the level of polish and detail this 2D wonder has is amazing. The character designs are excellent, the fighting mechanics are top-notch and there are even extra animated scenes that feature chibi (super adorable) versions of the characters talking about the BlazBlue universe.

I know BlazBlue is only targeting a certain type of fighting game fan, but I think the mechanics are cool enough to entertain anyone even remotely interested in the genre. I'm sure that once the community gets its hands on this game, the true test of balancing will begin and issues I might have missed might come to the surface. With that said, there's no escaping the fact that I had a blast playing BlazBlue and I encourage everyone to buy a copy.

It's something of a dream game for me, you see.

Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
A game with a virtually unparalleled level of polish and attention to detail. Fantastic characters inhabit an awesome story of power, sacrifice, (cat girls,) and disaster.
9.0 Graphics
Incredible character sprites battle on top of some very eye-catching backgrounds.
9.0 Sound
Sweet tunes and dual-language voice over make this a real treat to listen to.
9.0 Gameplay
Fast, fun and pristine. An evolution of the Guilty Gear legacy. Drive attacks give each character a unique and exciting flair in the ring.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Tons of content to unlock, online multiplayer support, branching story paths and more make this an easy buy. You will be happy for a long time.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/998/998859p1.html

Around the Network

Fuck yeah!

Holy $hit O-O

mM

Booyah, must have list: Confirmed.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

:O I want this game.

Around the Network

Curses! 1 minute late >_>

I was excited... then I saw it was a fighting game. Those still exist? No thanks.

When does this release in the EU?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

pretty darn good score

That looks a lot like Guilty Gear IMO... and thats a great thing :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!