By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Halo 3 : ODST Thread

Welcome to

Game Information:

Much more than an expansion, Halo 3: ODST allows players to explore dangerous new ground, search the dark, abandoned streets of New Mombasa for clues, and fight back against the Covenant invasion from multiple perspectives. Dropping in as "the rookie," a new member of an elite squad of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers sent into New Mombasa on a classified recon mission, you'll be armed with specialized weaponry and upgraded technology, including silenced weapons and a VISR enhanced vision mode.

Separated from your squad, you'll have to scour the city for clues in order to learn what happened to Buck, Dare, Dutch, Mickey, and Romeo. As you collect new clues, you’ll experience the story from their perspectives, fighting through the occupied city hours earlier.

Drop feet first into a new way to play Halo with the cooperative campaign mode, Firefight. Form a squad of your friends over System Link or Xbox LIVE and put your skills to the ultimate test against the invading Covenant war machine for glory, high scores, and achievements. Do battle in multiple environments, on foot or in vehicles, and against increasingly difficult waves of Covenant attackers while Halo 3's skull modifiers progressively activate to up the ante.

After the Firefight, relive and review every last kill you earned and see how your high scores and stats stack up against your friends' and the community overall using Bungie.net's persistent online stats and Firefight leaderboards.

For the first time, Recon Armor for use in Halo 3 multiplayer will be made available to players who complete the "Road to Recon" challenge. Earn all seven of the Vidmasters, a series of Xbox LIVE achievements that span Halo 3's Campaign and Multiplayer and Halo 3: ODST, and then visit your Bungie.net Service Record with a linked gamertag to enable your sweet new set of digital duds.

If you already own Halo 3, you can get started now by collecting the "Annual" campaign achievement and the "7 on the 7th" and "Lightswitch" multiplayer achievements in matchmaking. And, if you've already downloaded the Mythic Map Pack, you can collect the hidden skulls on Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox today.

Hands On/Media Opinions:

Screenshots:

Videos/Trailers :

Around the Network

It looks like it will be a blast! I just hope I have the cash when it comes out!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Number one on my wish-list.

I hope the campaign won't be too short ....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:

Yeah, me too, but if it's too long, it better not be too repadative. Also, I think online with the new maps, as well as fire fight mode should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:
Sardauk said:

Yeah, me too, but if it's too long, it better not be too repadative. Also, I think online with the new maps, as well as fire fight mode should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

I'm a bit confused about that... will we able to play ODST characters in the Halo 3 maps ? Or just in firefight mode ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
ironman said:
Sardauk said:

I'm a bit confused about that... will we able to play ODST characters in the Halo 3 maps ? Or just in firefight mode ?

Just firefight, the maps are for Halo 3

Past Avatar picture!!!

Firefight mode is gonna be fun as hell.

*orgasms*

This game is already one of the best selling ones on gamestop!

But war... war never changes

Once again awesome light effects !