By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Trine PC demo released.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=63724

download link (direct): http://dl.gametap.com/DEMO/TrineDemo_GamesPlanet.exe

Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil.

In Trine™, players work together to create and use objects to solve challenging physics-based puzzles and defeat dangerous enemies. Set in a kingdom on the verge of chaos, a warrior, a wizard, and a thief are bound by a powerful artifact known as "the Trine". Together, they must battle the forces of space, energy, and motion to put an end to the reign of the dark sorcerer that rules the kingdom.

Featuring three-player cooperative play, each character has specific talents to invent new solutions to puzzles and original ways to defeat enemies. The Wizard can use magic to create objects and new paths, the Thief can use her agility and accuracy to quickly deal with enemies, and the Warrior unleashes pure destruction everywhere he travels.

“Trine™ had an amazing E3 and we can’t wait to get it into the hands of PC gamers,” said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing at SouthPeak Interactive. “The PC platform gives as many players as possible the chance to join forces and find creative methods for completing game objectives. It’s up to them to determine how their quests will progress and how they’ll ultimately achieve victory.”

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different ability helps the player battle an army of un-dead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Warrior unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

Co-op multiplayer (on a single computer/console system) details:

1. The game features a cooperative multiplayer mode (up to 3 players together), featuring an easy join in/out logic to allow the maximum of fun – join in at any time during the game! On PC, multiple input devices (joypads, mouse+keyboard) are supported.
2. With the Jump’n Run gameplay and 3 different characters and weaponry, the co-operative mode allows totally new tactics that take the action and puzzle solving to a new level!
3. For example, a player who is playing the Thief character cannot block enemy shots... However, another player who is playing the Knight who has a shield can provide cover from enemy shots while the other takes careful aim and shoots down the enemies.

Trine will be released on PC in July 10, 2009, while the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade versions will follow shortly.

Looks great! Going to download tonight. If I like it, I may end up buying on PSN for the local multiplayer element, as I don't see myself and a friend sitting infront of my computer playing this. I know it'll look/run better on my PC though.

Thanks to Shard @ NeoGAF for the heads up.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

It looks very nice:
http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=gallery

But I don't think I can get into a platformer really.

But it is good to see more downloadable titles that seem to have a nice polish to them.

Currently playing:  PC:  Wolfenstein  PS2:  Final Fantasy X  PS3: All-Pro Football 2K8 Wii:  Force Unleashed  PSP:  God of War: CoO Xbox 360:  Gears of War 2  

Most anticipated game:  Dragon Age Origins (PC)

I'll download, dunno if I'll play it, but why not

they sure have an empty space for the " Xbox LIVE " logo to be put on , so why not?

I played it, it's really good, has a cool Lost Vikings vibe, except you control only one character, swinging is good and the Wizard too, but at least in the demo the knight is really boring, as smart as the AI looks (running after you and all), it's dumb when 1-on-1. it really surprised me to see it's from Frozenbyte, Shadowgrounds is good but not really unique like this one. and it received quite a buzz at E3..

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

hope the co-op is good

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Finished the demo, I gotta say I liked it, the controls were a bit loose, but I liked the concept, the puzzles seem interesting, and the graphics are superb. Will give a try to the full version when it comes out

I watched the trailer earlier today and it looked really fun. I want to try out the demo. See if it is worth the price.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

More impressions?

Trine looks so good on trailers. The graphic style is extremely beautiful and the music in those trailers was so atmospheric and touching.

Can you select which characters you like for the entire demo? I am only going to be interested if I have the option to play as the Wizard for 95% of the game. Can someone please feel me in on the character selection details?

Thank you.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.