By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Trine PC demo released.

jcp234 said:
Can you select which characters you like for the entire demo? I am only going to be interested if I have the option to play as the Wizard for 95% of the game. Can someone please feel me in on the character selection details?

Thank you.

each one has its ability and there's not really character selection, you can swap each character when you like, but you won't go very far without swapping.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
salaminizer said:
jcp234 said:
Can you select which characters you like for the entire demo? I am only going to be interested if I have the option to play as the Wizard for 95% of the game. Can someone please feel me in on the character selection details?

Thank you.

each one has its ability and there's not really character selection, you can swap each character when you like, but you won't go very far without swapping.

Thank you. I guess I'll try the demo and make a full purchase if it's decent.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Isnt this game quite reminiscent of Lil Big Planet? Only that it hasnt any user created levels.

But kinda same way of platform mechanics and co-op? Well, as I understand it there's more fighting and attacking creatures in this game, but not build stuff as much as in in Lil Big Planet.

Or is a completely different game like Onimusha a better comparison?

Slimebeast said:

Isnt this game quite reminiscent of Lil Big Planet? Only that it hasnt any user created levels.

But kinda same way of platform mechanics and co-op? Well, as I understand it there's more fighting and attacking creatures in this game, but not build stuff as much as in in Lil Big Planet.

It reminds me of Pandemonium. But no one played that game

I haven't played LBP, but for what I watched, I don't think it's much similar. It's a side scrolling platformer where you can switch characters to solve the puzzles in different ways. It's not exactly a co-op since you can only use one character at a time. It's more like "choosing the right power" to advance. And the attacking is pretty basic, more or less like the original Prince of Persia, it's not a full-fledged battle system

what this has to do with LBP?

looks much more like this one:

except the 3 characters are only one

btw I know Pandemonium :P I used to play the demo a lot back then...

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Slimebeast said:

It reminds me of Pandemonium. But no one played that game

I haven't played LBP, but for what I watched, I don't think it's much similar. It's a side scrolling platformer where you can switch characters to solve the puzzles in different ways. It's not exactly a co-op since you can only use one character at a time. It's more like "choosing the right power" to advance. And the attacking is pretty basic, more or less like the original Prince of Persia, it's not a full-fledged battle system

Strangely, I played Pandemonium and Pandemonium 2 (but do not remember finishing the second one).

It's been ages since I've played, but playing the demo did remind me of a refined Pandemonium.

The only problem I have is that the wizard does not have any magical attacks, but I guess that would make the other two characters obsolete in a way.

I am not used to PC gaming, but I plan to play this a little more during my flight to Texas tomorrow morning.

I love the art style.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Looks pretty fun. Does this have online play?

JaggedSac said:
Looks pretty fun. Does this have online play?

The 360 version is rumored to have online play. But the versions currently available for the PS3 and the PC do not.