By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jeronimo66 is back, and Microsoft won E3.

Jeronimo66 said:
What people don't understand is that the company that have the most people talking wins E3.

..........and microsoft has won E3 for the last 3 years in a row.

2007, Halo 3, 2008, Final Fantasy 13, 2009, Metal Gear Solid coming to xbox 360, Instant on 1080p and Project Natal.

How did Halo 3 win E3 2007? Everyone knew about Halo 3 long before E3 2007.

Microsoft came in 3rd in 07, with Sony first and Nintendo second, which is more or less what happened this year. 2008 was a big victory for them, though

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Jeronimo66 said:
What people don't understand is that the company that have the most people talking wins E3.

..........and microsoft has won E3 for the last 3 years in a row.

2007, Halo 3, 2008, Final Fantasy 13, 2009, Metal Gear Solid coming to xbox 360, Instant on 1080p and Project Natal.

By that logic Nintendo tied or atleast came in second place in E3 last year because besides FFXIII coming to the 360 all people wanted to talk about was how bad Nintendo was... so by your logic you can win E3 by sucking so bad that people want to talk about that more than the other guy's good stuff.

For me Nintendo "won" E3 because they delivered all I could want and more (NSMBWii, Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, etc.) But I thought both the MGS:Rising and FFXIV announcements were huge and could see how they would make those companies "win" E3 to their respective fanboys.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Garamond said:
Next year I will win E3.

No way, Pikachu will win E3.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Blacksaber said:
More kindling for the flame wars...

If declaring Microsoft won E3 is flamebaiting, then you should blame very site on the internet except Gametrailers, because they all said the same thing.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

BladeOfGod said:
Sony had everything Microsoft had on E3:

Awesome Forza 3 graphics - Awesome Uncharted 2 and GOW 3 graphics

Project Natal - Sony Motion Control + PSP Go

Milo-EyePet ripoff

MGS on 360 - FF 14 exclusive to PS3/MGS game exclusive to PSP

Halo Reach- MAG

Left 4 Dead 2 - Resident Evil game exclusive to PSP

So how did MS won?

Because the PSP has nothing to do with the console war. It lost its console war LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago, with casual and core gamers.

The PSP might have "won" if you mean "had a great showing" but if you single out the PSP, you should also single out the PS3 for having a mediocre showing, compared to the 360.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I was wondering where you've gone. Welcome back Jeronimo.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
BladeOfGod said:
Sony had everything Microsoft had on E3:

Awesome Forza 3 graphics - Awesome Uncharted 2 and GOW 3 graphics

Project Natal - Sony Motion Control + PSP Go

Milo-EyePet ripoff

MGS on 360 - FF 14 exclusive to PS3/MGS game exclusive to PSP

Halo Reach- MAG

Left 4 Dead 2 - Resident Evil game exclusive to PSP

So how did MS won?

Because the PSP has nothing to do with the console war. It lost its console war LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago, with casual and core gamers.

The PSP might have "won" if you mean "had a great showing" but if you single out the PSP, you should also single out the PS3 for having a mediocre showing, compared to the 360.

yes, because cosole war is just about sales. Dont bring or show any games on E3 just show me how much hardware did you sold and I'll be happy.

Old news. I announced to everyone that Microsoft had won a couple of days after E3.

They had the most celebrities and that's how you win.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Blacksaber said:
More kindling for the flame wars...

If declaring Microsoft won E3 is flamebaiting, then you should blame very site on the internet except Gametrailers, because they all said the same thing.

There's nothing wrong with declaring MS won E3. It's just the way he said it. He's calling Sony fans. There is no need for that.

deathbleachnarutodbz said:
and why is people excited about rising it's a spin off.

Metal Gear Solid is a spin-off of the original Metal Gear games. Hardly seems like a good way to try and down-play this new spin-off with that in mind.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229