By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Girlfriend loves Fable II, what else should I get her? (Any console)

So my girlfriend recently beat Fable II, and in her obsession already restarted to make an evil character. She absolutely loves it, and I'm looking for something else for her to play.

She loves sci-fi, fantasy, and RPGs. She really likes the choice options in Fable, and the sort of "do anything" gameplay. She also likes JRPGs (beat Chrono Trigger on DS recently) so I'm considering starting her on some of those. I bought the 360 version of Mass Effect for $10 on Half (I already own the PC version, 360 version is just for her to play) in the hopes that she'd like the sort of choice driven gaming it offers, but she doesn't like shooters much so that may keep her from liking it.

I'm a pretty seasoned gamer, but I'm not really sure what else to get for her. It does not have to be on 360, as I own all consoles and she can play anything on any of them. It also does not have to be easy. Most of the time she will beat me at any competitive game we play, and is generally much better at them than I am.

So anyway, shoot away. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Around the Network

Paper Mario series?

Doesn't have the choice thing but they're still fantastic and probably wouldn't be a horrible idea since she liked Chrono Trigger.  Thinking of Chrono Trigger, there's also FFVI.  I'm assuming she knows nothing about it so it would be fun to watch her experience everything for the first time.

I'd go the JRPG route, I can't think of another WRPG on consoles with morality choices and no shooting. Maybe Oblivion might work though.

This will probably sound a bit silly, but has she tried Pokemon?

Maybe she'd like Zelda? SotC? Okami?

Torillian said:
I'd go the JRPG route, I can't think of another WRPG on consoles with morality choices and no shooting. Maybe Oblivion might work though.

I considered Oblivion, but I think the almost ridiculous openness of the game would bug her. She already complained some about Fable II's world being a little too large for her. She likes to explore and discover all the nooks and crannies of something. If the world is too big to do that she'll find it frustrating.

Around the Network

Sci-Fi RPG = Fallout 3

Fantasy RPG = Oblivion.

Both have the "choices" stuff

Also, there are plenty of JRPGs that should be tried

How about Fable 1?

I mean.  Just sayin.

So a smaller open world and moral decisions. Maybe Infamous?

wfz said:
This will probably sound a bit silly, but has she tried Pokemon?

Maybe she'd like Zelda? SotC? Okami?

She loves Pokemon. She's beaten Platinum twice. Phantom Hourglass is her second favorite DS game (after Pokemon) but when I tried her on Twilight Princess she didn't like it. She said it was hard to pick up if you haven't played other 3D Zeldas, which she hasn't. I think that's probably true in retrospect. Most of us had no trouble with the game since we were already so used to Zelda. SotC I think the controls will bug her. They are very loose and physics based. Once mastered they are awesome but I doubt she has the patience. I think Okami is probably a good suggestion though.

Final fantasy VII off the psn store =S

mM