By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Remant not coming to PS3 confirmed?

i'l get it for the PC then.

Around the Network
johnathonmerritt said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
Dno said:

Square is slowly fading away as a console devs anyway. not many sales on consoles this gen...

They put some of the biggest PLAYSTATION 2 RPG franchises exclusive to the XBOX 360, what the hell can you expect? I honestly dont believe it was just SQUARE that made all those ip not release on the playstation 3, because if it was they are the dumbest company this gen, I mean honestly if you are on two platforms one which sees good sales in japan, and one that sees great sales in the west, there is your market growth, but exclusive on a platform were RPG's  arent its best selling genre, and its absolutely hated in japan..

I think that whatever Japan would have pulled in for PS3 sales wise...North America balances it out for the 360. I don't think sales would be drastically higher on either platform.

If square doesn't have the manpower to do multiplats, they may as well go for the system that is easier to develop for, if the sales are going to be roughly the same.

I don't think so. The numbers speak for themselves. Square went from the PS2 to the XBox 360. Before the XBox 360 was released every Square game sold millions of copies. Since they started making XBox 360 exclusives, the only million sellers they have had are for the PSP and DS. They have never sold over a million copies of any game on the XBox 360.

I think a more reasonalbe answer as to why Square is so focused on the XBox 360 is because Microsoft is paying them to try to get a foothold in Japan. Anyone who want to deny that is denying common sense. Otherwise, why would they still be making exclusives for a system that can't keep up with [Square] sales on any other console?

It's not at all true that every Square title sold millions. And do you really think Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant would have sold millions on any system?

If Microsoft was simply moneyhatting Square-Enix, you'd think they could at least swing a Japanese release for FFXIII.

Wait..couldn't this article mean Star Ocean besides TLR as well?
but yea sad to see it probably won't make it to PS3, but then again, it was kinda expected

Its a decent RPG, not really engaging but I'm sure some are dissapointed by this news. SE's bussiness decision really baffle me at times.

And no don't make up BS excuse like manpower or profit, if this game had been a multiplat release from day one the sale would have likely doubled. SE employ more than 4000 people, the fact that they can't get a multiplat game out the door is a big fail on their part.

The only excuse I will take is MS money hat, that at least means profit in their pocket rather than utter incompetence.

disolitude said:
leo-j said:
Dno said:

Square is slowly fading away as a console devs anyway. not many sales on consoles this gen...

They put some of the biggest PLAYSTATION 2 RPG franchises exclusive to the XBOX 360, what the hell can you expect? I honestly dont believe it was just SQUARE that made all those ip not release on the playstation 3, because if it was they are the dumbest company this gen, I mean honestly if you are on two platforms one which sees good sales in japan, and one that sees great sales in the west, there is your market growth, but exclusive on a platform were RPG's  arent its best selling genre, and its absolutely hated in japan..

I think that whatever Japan would have pulled in for PS3 sales wise...North America balances it out for the 360. I don't think sales would be drastically higher on either platform.

If square doesn't have the manpower to do multiplats, they may as well go for the system that is easier to develop for, if the sales are going to be roughly the same.

if that was actually true, but games of the ps3 would sell better in the US Too.

Japan = ps3 sells 4x times what 360 does for games.

USA = should be the same, but JRPG Sell even less than half than they sell in japan.

why the hell the game it's not coming to the ps3?

Around the Network
badgenome said:
johnathonmerritt said:
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
Dno said:

I don't think so. The numbers speak for themselves. Square went from the PS2 to the XBox 360. Before the XBox 360 was released every Square game sold millions of copies. Since they started making XBox 360 exclusives, the only million sellers they have had are for the PSP and DS. They have never sold over a million copies of any game on the XBox 360.

I think a more reasonalbe answer as to why Square is so focused on the XBox 360 is because Microsoft is paying them to try to get a foothold in Japan. Anyone who want to deny that is denying common sense. Otherwise, why would they still be making exclusives for a system that can't keep up with [Square] sales on any other console?

It's not at all true that every Square title sold millions. And do you really think Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant would have sold millions on any system?

If Microsoft was simply moneyhatting Square-Enix, you'd think they could at least swing a Japanese release for FFXIII.

Well, if they did that....

Then what would Sony moneyhat?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlaw: FFXV Online?

Well the game played like garbage on the 360. It had terrible voice acting, a forgetful storyline, huge frame rate issues and add all that together and you get one bad JRPG. PS3 owners its no big loss, in fact thank Wada. Because for once he's actually doing something positive for PS3 owners.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

It costs money to port to PS3. If it's not worth porting then they shouldn't do it.

outlawauron said:
daroamer said:
outlawauron said:
daroamer said:
phnguyen89 said:
Nightwish224 said:
Nightwish224 said:
I don't think it will come to PS3... they are so busy with other projects anyway ;) Just get a 360 if you want it so bad!! :)

I would also like to note that I get the system for the games!!!

I have a pc to play it on.  The point is the reason SE is giving: "Since LR did not do well on 360, we're not going to bother with the PS3".  No duh it's going to fail, you expect a fps system to be full of rpg fans?

It has outsold every PS3 JRPG so far so I guess the PS3 isn't full of RPG fans either.

OT: It's too bad the PS3 isn't getting, I enjoyed it, I think it's an underrated game.

What fallacy is this?

There hasn't been a JRPG close to the potential selling caliber of a Star Ocean or Last Remnant released in America on PS3.

White Knight should pass it though.

The fallacy was his assertion that the Xbox 360 is an FPS only system, I was simply making a point.

I mean, you made your point. I'm not one for fighting bad logic with more bad logic.

I think your sarcasm detector is on the fritz.