By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest RPG Series Of All Time

List Updated!

@wenlan, I'm already rich, its more about Final Fantasy winning the greatest RPG series of all time :P lol besides the amount of money I'll make from this thread I'll easily be able to make it in a couple hours in the Database, so...

@Crumas2, You shouldn't compare sales to which game is better then the other. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus are both considered to be the greatest PS2 games (or hell greatest games period) and they both barely crack a million (actually ICO didn't even sell a million). Same as Metal Gear Solid, I consider MGS3 to be lightyears ahead of MGS2 in epicness, yet MGS3 sold much less then MGS2.

Also were on VG Chartz everyone loves JRPGs here lol, I played Oblivion and loved it but I can't copmpare it to any of my JRPGs.

Final Fantasy +

Golden Sun -

Around the Network

Well if it's about personal preference, I found Oblivion pretty boring and ultimately flawed because of the random monsters leveling with you... For me it's not a bad game by any mean, but it's really far away from Final Fantasy VII or X, or even Persona 3 and 4... I agree Persona games didn't sell hugely, still you forgot Persona 3 sold around 0.7 million if you count the FES version. Still, they suffered being released very late, most hardcore gamers weren't on PS2 anymore when they were released, so of course they sold a bit less. They're still amazing games, and IN MY OPINION, deserve all the praise from fanatics, more so than Oblivion in my opinion.

Phantasy Star +
Shadow Hearts -

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Final fantasy +

Phantasy Star -

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

suikoden +
Phantasy star -

Around the Network

+ Suikoden