By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest RPG Series Of All Time

@Gilgamesh

Yeah, the clan battles along with Zodiark were the things that took most of my playtime, the rest was just trying to get a 100% collection, because that was one of the things that i really liked about FFXII, it made you work really hard for the rare weapons (Tournesol, Danjuro and Yagryu i'm looking at you...).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
So, according to the results...

VGChartz is full of SMT fanboyz and Kingdom Hearts haterz CONFIRMED!!! LOL

I'm still upset that I totally forgot about Super Mario RPG/Paper Mario series, which is honestly one of my fav game series of all time, but having Ys place 9th was a nice consolation prize... if only they'll make a new game in the series instead of rehashing book I and II for the umpteenth time. Ark of Napishtim on PS2 kicked all kinds of ass!

Well mostly some really dedicated people that want them specific games eliminated or won

My favorite RPG of all time is Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) on the Snes, never released in North America. I've played that game so many times.

Tales of Eternia is also part of my favorite Action RPGs.

For Non-action RPGs, Chrono Cross and Suikoden games would be my next favorite RPGs in line.

I have to admit there's something there for the shin megami series, but I've only played persona 3 so it doesn't top my other favorite games yet. Persona 3 is great in many ways, but gets boring fast enough and there's no pleasure in keeping a persona, since it's to your advantage to constantly merge it and get stronger ones.

^You should of been voting, then Tales could of made it higher in the list

I would have to say that Pokemon is one of the best RPG series of all time. And Elder Scrolls.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

I would have to say chrono trigger....or ff7...

Very few games have done soo much with so little...and still to this day are influences gamers...who dont even know about them.

Time travel
active battle system.
frogs...
big swords...

Necro bump! So my favourite RPG series won this? Awesome!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

NO NO NO NO NO SHOULD HAVE BEEN Xenoblade or Fire Emblem

WhiteEaglePL said:
NO NO NO NO NO SHOULD HAVE BEEN Xenoblade or Fire Emblem

Xenoblade wasn't out when this thread was made though! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---