By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest RPG Series Of All Time

Shin Megami Tensei +

Suikoden -

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Final fantasy +

Phantasy Star -

Chrono +
Final Fantasy -

final fantasy +
suikoden -

Death is nothing to fear

All death means is a new destination

Definitely Final Fantasy, but I'm afraid it's going down a little bit since FF X... ;(

Around the Network

Well, the results may be in, but they don't appear to reveal anything but a strong JRPG bias from those who participated. Almost every WRPG, regardless how well it has sold compared to the winning JRPGs, has been eliminated. The fact that Oblivion, an RPG that received incredible accolades in reviews and has sold millions of copies has been beaten out by something like Shin Megami Tensei--which never managed to break 600k copies for any of the titles--shows just how deep this bias is.

It's kind of like taking a poll to see which television brand is the most popular, only to end up with most of the winners being unknown store branded sets that 80% of the market has never heard of, while Sony, Samsung, and Hitachi never even make the list.

Well, this provided an interesting insight into those who chose to participate (myself included). Sounds like vgchartz members, by and large, might be very far outside the mainstream gameplaying audience...

@crumas : no offense, but you can't compare a game like Oblivion to Final Fantasy... We need more western RPGs series before they can even compete with the JRPG series...

Mass effect is only one game until now, Elder Scrolls is mostly 2 (oblivion / morrowind), their combined sales and reputation put them really far away from the biggest JRPG series like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy... In the future they may be able to compete for this title though. Right now they're just too young.

Phantasy Star +
Shadow Hearts -

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

+ Xenosaga

- Wild arms

+ Final Fantasy - Star Ocean