By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prototype outsells inFamous first week numbers

Prototype 360 version alone outsold the inFamous PS3 version's first week sales.  The Prototype PS3 version alone did not sell as well, but came to 175,000 for the first week.

Here are the official numbers:

Prototype 360:

1 n/a 216,914 67,300 284,214

Prototype PS3:

1 n/a 111,418 63,639 175,057

inFamous PS3:

1 n/a 174,149 79,068 253,217

Now I would have thought that inFamous would have sold better than this, or perhaps that Prototype would have sold worse.  From reviews it appears that inFamous was the better game, and from friends who have played both that appears to be the case.

Was Prototype helped by being multiplatform and by having the larger fan base and stronger advertising power of Microsoft?

Obviously the PS3 version of Prototype was hindered by inFamous.  It seems like if inFamous had gone multiplat, they would have easily doubled their total sales as of right now.

What are your thoughts on this?  This is not a fanboy Prototype vs inFamous thread.  They are both good games and I acknowledge that inFamous is better to the majority of people.

Around the Network

Moderately advertised Multiplat beats a moderately advertised Exclusive.

Im not surprised.

Good numbers for both.

Ok, so?

you are just posting this to start a flame war. *sigh*

errr what carl said lol

Off-topic, but I just noticed your sig. It's hilarious. "Alan Wake was a disappointment." txrattlesnake = John Titor?

Around the Network

Expected

Prototype was aided by two companies being able to market it. I also like the overall story of prototype slightly more than I do infamous. Gameplay wise- i'd say infamous wins by a bit.

Not too shabby for Prototype. I still plan to get inFamous first, when I finish few games I'm currently playing. I don't know why Prototype was hated on so much, though. It always looked like a good game to me. Glad it has the sales to back it up.

dsister44 said:
Ok, so?

you are just posting this to start a flame war. *sigh*

Do you mind ? It is a website about sales figures... remember ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

1) This was expected...
2) Given the timeline of both games, Prototype has been more anticpated than InFamous.
3)InFamous is the better game.