By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - uncharted - new video - first level gameplay

sieanr said:
Engelos said:
The builds so far have only show 1/3rd of the final animations.
Where are you getting this from?

Thats a shitload of animations to add in a short amount of time.

E3 Nd saids so.

Around the Network
Engelos said:
The builds so far have only show 1/3rd of the final animations.

Just like they were going to fix the frame rate from the alpha builds of lair... that happened...

a few new details. i found this on neogaf but all credit goes to the translator (this was originally in spanish)

- They're still optimizing the frame rate, will end up running at constant 30 fps. Sometimes it goes up to 45 fps with all effects on, but they aim at constant 30 fps as already mentioned. Less than 30 fps is considered a bug.

- All textures have been drawn, there are no scanned textures. That's why it looks somewhat cartoony.

- Jetski level has 6 million polygons + water reflection + refraction + bump mapping + jitter + shadows + a good number of characters + physics + AI + volumetric explosions + etc :-p

- It should take 12 hours to complete.

- The AI will learn your behavior and react accordingly. Experienced gamers will have a hard time. They're proud of the AI.

- There are no scripted events when you fight with the AI. You'll never see the same situation twice (to some extent, of course).

- No auto-aim.

- The effects still aren't final. They'll improve close to the very end of the project for optimization's sake.

- There's a lot of stuff we haven't seen yet. It's like a movie where a lot of things happen, and it will have lots of varied action: shooting, fighting, platforming, puzzles, enigmas, races, treasure hunting ("you'll be finding things"), etc.

- Real time HDR lighting: if there's a sunset, everything on screen will have a reddish tone. Everything will be real time.

- 720p allows better geometry. We might not see anything better than Uncharted geometry-wise at 1080p.

- PS3 devkits let them know all the game stats when they're developing it (duh): GPU load, texture memory, level memory, shadow memory, buffers, how is streaming affected, frame rate, etc.

- "I love the AI. The fact that it learns from the player's actions and that it adjusts the difficulty itself is awesomenage. We haven't even exploited half of what the Cell can do. Besides the CPU power, we've got the GPUs (sic) inside the PS3, where you can send some tasks to spare Cell from "digesting" them, so that you get more free CPU time. PS3 still has a lot of untapped power."

- They didn't have the time to include a co-op mode and getting the game finished in November. Tons of ideas left out of it, might make it to Uncharted 2. (This is usual in game development)

- Nathan Drake has 3000 animations.

- Real time cutscenes, no prerendered stuff. It's all real time, in-engine.

*edit* if anyone is feeling inclined, below is the link to the video (that i posted originally) in HD. It clocks in at slightly under 900mb and is best suited for those with newer computers. i watched it and it is well worth the download.

http://gamersyde.com/leech_4774_en.html

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

12 hours? NOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mM

I am expecting this game to be slightly better than Heavenly Sword.
(of course I am just guessing)
It seems to me as if this is sort of similar to Assassins Creed, at least to the mass public- this is how it will seem.
So if it IS better than Assassins Creed, then this game will really have something going for itself.
With the little facts that we have from the games,
What does everyone think? Which will be better?

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

This game is looking incredible. Naughty Dog has never failed.

This is the first time I have ever seen gameplay footage of this game, and it looks amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this. The gameplay looks better than any other third-person-shooter I have ever seen.