By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - uncharted - new video - first level gameplay

This game is like 10 hours or less isn't it? Hopefully that doesn't hinder it from getting a good score.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
This game is like 10 hours or less isn't it? Hopefully that doesn't hinder it from getting a good score.

That was only one person who said that, (but I think it is hard to believe, how is it possible that he already played it).

Oh and I heard from a Freelancer that it is at the moment an Framerate issues party.

konnichiwa said:
Legend11 said:

That was only one person who said that, (but I think it is hard to believe, how is it possible that he already played it).

Oh and I heard from a Freelancer that it is at the moment an Framerate issues party.

I don't believe that it is only 10 hours.  Even Jak 3, the shortest of the Jak & Daxter games, took 12-15 hours to finish.  Jak II was a good bit longer than that.

makingmusic476 said:
epsilon72 said:
Very nice looking game. It looks like they're trying really hard to copy Gears of War style combat....if they do that, I really hope the game doesn't overly rely on combat for the majority of its gameplay (Gears had very poor gameplay in my opinion)

This game was first unveiled a year and a half before Gears was released, so to say it's copying GeoW's gameplay makes no sense whatsoever.  You can say it's similar, yes, but copying?  Hell no.  

Also, it's more of a Tomb Raider/Gears of War/Prince of Persia hybrid, rather than strictly a Gears clone.

GOW was definitly influenced by RE4, and it looks like Uncharted has been as well.

I just hope the game has plenty of really clever puzzels. Combat looks fine and all, but if they make the gameplay really diverse it'll be killer.

Next to haze, this is probably the PS3 game I'm most looking forward to.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
makingmusic476 said:
epsilon72 said:
Very nice looking game. It looks like they're trying really hard to copy Gears of War style combat....if they do that, I really hope the game doesn't overly rely on combat for the majority of its gameplay (Gears had very poor gameplay in my opinion)

This game was first unveiled a year and a half before Gears was released, so to say it's copying GeoW's gameplay makes no sense whatsoever. You can say it's similar, yes, but copying? Hell no.

Also, it's more of a Tomb Raider/Gears of War/Prince of Persia hybrid, rather than strictly a Gears clone.

GOW was definitly influenced by RE4, and it looks like Uncharted has been as well.

I just hope the game has plenty of really clever puzzels. Combat looks fine and all, but if they make the gameplay really diverse it'll be killer.

Next to haze, this is probably the PS3 game I'm most looking forward to.

I'd say Gears was influenced by Kill.Switch more than anything else. Check out this video of the game. Third person, burly soldiers, cover system, wartorn environment, etc.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
the graphics are looking pretty good, but i swear those dying animations look so screwed up. Are they delayed reactions or something? Is it meant to be part of the gameplay?

Haha, glad I am not the only one who noticed that =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
starcraft said:
the graphics are looking pretty good, but i swear those dying animations look so screwed up. Are they delayed reactions or something? Is it meant to be part of the gameplay?

Haha, glad I am not the only one who noticed that =P

Oh thank god. I was so worried that i was the only one.  They seem so BLATANTLY off. There is like a massive delay between kill and fall, and they dont seem to react the right way, i cant even really put my finger on what the problem is.  It was like this in the last video I saw of the game.  I cant concentrate on anything else in the game cause im so busy thinking about how screwed up the next kill will be

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think they have an early build here where the models have to be in a certain position to perform the death animation so they first move to that position and then do the animation. Or something like that. I am assuming (and hoping) that it is not intended to be the final animations.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The builds so far have only show 1/3rd of the final animations.

Engelos said:
The builds so far have only show 1/3rd of the final animations.
Where are you getting this from?

Thats a shitload of animations to add in a short amount of time.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"